Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    What's wrong with that?

Makes good business sense at least.

I also find the free caveman ones funny

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      What's wrong with that?

Makes good business sense at least.
      I can see it.... Cops get free detectors, thus catching speeders who might be part of GIECO (with their mass marketing I'm sure they have a good share at least in the area they gave them away) thus when they catch the customers their insurance goes through the ceiling.

Comment

They spend a ton of money advertising in MA, yet they don't even offer insurance in this state. Odd.
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja View Post
          Nope, the reason why drugs are so high is because they spent billions of dollars trying to create the drug and they only have about 17 years I believe to return on their investment. If the patent was longer, the prices could be reduced but the gov. doesn't really care. The reason why it is cheap in Canada is because the Gov. put a ceiling on prices in Canada. It just goes back that the U.S. gov. doesn't really care.

US citizens end up paying more so that Canadians and other non-freemarket drug economies can have artificially low prices. Patent duration changes would probably require many new international agreements to be forged. I think it is safe to discuss economics?!!

Comment

Umm, the drug companies don't HAVE to sell to non-free markets, do they? I don't buy that they aren't still making money in Canada and such.

Either way, I really don't see how showing people dancing in the lillies @ $100,000 for 45 seconds is going to make me ask my doctor if herputin is right for me, but if I got a Giant Canker on my Wanker, I'll be asking him for the best thing he knows of not suggesting something I saw on TV.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I got a quote from them that was more than I pay now. Why switch?:ROTF:
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                Umm, the drug companies don't HAVE to sell to non-free markets, do they? I don't buy that they aren't still making money in Canada and such.

Either way, I really don't see how showing people dancing in the lillies @ $100,000 for 45 seconds is going to make me ask my doctor if herputin is right for me, but if I got a Giant Canker on my Wanker, I'll be asking him for the best thing he knows of not suggesting something I saw on TV.

That reminds of a great song by an australian band called the Fireballs called Broccolli Cock.

Comment

Free Radar Guns to cops is great, getting pulled over for speeding is what's stupid. What's wrong with doing the posted speed limit?

As for the Caveman ads, I saw a shirt somewhere that had a caveman dragging off a chick with her legs in the air with the caption saying "So easy a Caveman can do me" :ROTF:
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Take that. Ron. I found it. I just don't know to place this response in the new thread.:ROTF:
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Regardless, Geico's marketing strategy is amazing. Their ad department is full of genius.

Comment

Fett, you need some pussy!
                        "POOP"

Comment

I don't like cats.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I kind of like the biker radio ads. That's where I picked up the "fuzzy bunny" reference a while ago, nobody caught it. Or they did, and didn't comment about it.

"So there, fuzzy bunny".

Speaking of outrageous marketing, we get at least three Capitol One mailings a week.

Comment

Geico is cheaper but there is a reason. They fight tooth and nail to not have to pay even very legitimate claims.

Can we get one of the cavemen eat that fuckin Lizard ??

Comment

I sold/serviced personal lines insurance in an independent agency for 8 years....Geico's ads are brilliant IMO. Few ads makes me smile or laugh like their ads. Who would have thought a product as dry and boring as insurance could have such creative/funny advertising?

Comment

Working...
                                X