Anyone who owns "Guitar Hero" video game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who owns "Guitar Hero" video game

My son is 6, I feel a pretty smart 6, but I was wondering if anyone who owns it feels the game is to old for him?

He loves music, so I'm sure he'd think it was cool, but he gets really furious with himself when he can't do something, so I'd hate to pick something up that will just piss him off all the time.

Though I don't own it (yet lol) I've seen a few screen captures. The only thing he may have to watch out for might be some of the song lyrics. Song lists for I & II are out there. Other than breaking the controller by accident (which I witnessed a friend do the other day and it was hilarous) It should probably be good.

EDIT: The wikipedia articles for both have the song lists

Comment

When I went to my son's pad (he's 22), he and his roomies had that game. They love it. His 2 buds were real good. But, alas Baby Keith wasn't so good. He would get pretty pissed. It's a tough game and has little to do with real guitar playing. I think 6 is a little young. Particularly if he's a little pisser. You might like it, though.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

That game pissed me off! I payed it at Fry's electronics and this dude who never played guitar in his life beat me! Whats up with that?!

Comment

Thanks for the input boys (or girls, don't want to offend)

Comment

Also the "Guitar" is real small and all it has is 4 or 5 buttons for the neck hand. It's like a Simon. And they kept wanting me to try it. No way.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
              That game pissed me off! I payed it at Fry's electronics and this dude who never played guitar in his life beat me! Whats up with that?!

Should tell ya somethin huh?

Comment

Well, it has buttons instead of strings, so yeah video gamers are going to blow away guitarists on it.

What they SHOULD have done was made it Roland GK compatable.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It can be difficult. I have guitar hero II and I can not seem to get past anything on Hard mode. My brother, who does not really play guitar, sits in his dorm and plays it with all his buddies. He can beat any song on expert.

I think it has more to do with hand/eye coordination than anything else. A good sense of rhythm helps too.
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

If that's the case he should have no trouble playing the guitar.
                    From what I've seen of this game, it slams down a different colored button on the screen on a given beat and you mash the button. IMO that should be tons easier than playing it on a real guitar, but then when guitarists try it, they're used to fret/string positions, whereas gamers only know the 4 buttons.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Zackly. It was fun to watch the boys do it. The covers were good so the music was OK. But anyone that actually plays guitar would go crazy.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Well, it has buttons instead of strings, so yeah video gamers are going to blow away guitarists on it.

THAT would be way fucing cool
                        www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Hell yes

Comment

All I know is that my wife and I played it in a local Best Buy. I chose Megadeth's Symphony of Destruction because I used to know that song pretty much note for note. We went with either the easy or medium level because she wanted to. I didn't do so hot.

There are a lot of my classmates who love that game. In fact, today being the last day of finals, the class president was walking out of the classroom with his "controller" so he could take it to a friend's house to play. I'm 28 and I started playing guitar 20 years ago. I guess I just don't get it. I would much rather sit down with a real axe plugged into a real amp and jam along with a cd than play a game that requires me to pretend I can actually play. Apparrently my fingers are so far away from the pulse of the community that I have no concept of what the youngsters are digging these days.

Comment

Well said.

Comment

Working...
                              X