why can't I VIEW classified section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why can't I VIEW classified section?

I know I need to be here for 90 days and have 100 posts to use the classified section. I personally find that to be a ridiculous requirement, that is by and by far the most stringent access requirement to a classified section I have ever seen, but that is not what I am here to complain about.

Why can I not view the classified section? I only hear it mentioned in passing here and there. That, hands down, is just plain stupid.

I totally cannot understand the reasoning that led to the classified section being blocked from view from new members. You are seriously cutting down the market for people wanting to sell their gear. I am not asking for posting privledges in the marketplace, that is totally fine with me. All I want is to be able to see what is in it and be able to PM the members selling whatever gear it is that strikes my fancy. That is how it is done on every other forum I have visited with a restricted access marketplace - you can't post, not even replies, but you can message.

I understand why you have limited access to the marketplace. This is to prevent scammers from coming here in an attempt to screw community members out of their money. This makes perfect sense and I cannot argue that. The easiest way to scam something is to pretend you are selling something - if you can't sell somewhere, you can't scam those people. Fair enough. But why cut potential buyers out of the equation as well?

The typical transaction goes - seller lists item, interested buyer contacts seller, conditions worked out, buyer sends seller money, seller sends item when money is received. You can't really scam someone as a buyer. If a seller is dumb enough to send something out without first having the money for it, well...

Also, in your rules, you say the section is to be used by regular members of the JCF. Okay, that is what any marketplace is for. You also say it should not be seen as the reason to join the JCF - fair enough, nobody can see its there, so I assume most people join without even knowing their is a classifieds section here. Encouraging users to add to the board's value is great - but forcing them to contribute to the board to gain classified action is ridiculous.

I really want another Jackson. Really, really, really want another Jackson, and what better place to find a high quality USA made Jackson then on the Jackson forum? But I can't get into the classified section! And I need to put in 90 days and 100 posts to do so?

WHY?

6 posts in and the rules are stupid. With time comes understanding, give it some time and I am sure you will understand.

Comment

Because thats the rules, we all lived with them. This place is not a democracy. BTW, do you come into someones house and tell them that their furnature sucks and tell the owners why they have bad taste? So, go to Ebay or start to contribute to the board if you really really really want another Jackson.

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Temps View Post
        I know I need to be here for 90 days and have 100 posts to use the classified section. I personally find that to be a ridiculous requirement, that is by and by far the most stringent access requirement to a classified section I have ever seen, but that is not what I am here to complain about.

Why can I not view the classified section? I only hear it mentioned in passing here and there. That, hands down, is just plain stupid.

I totally cannot understand the reasoning that led to the classified section being blocked from view from new members. You are seriously cutting down the market for people wanting to sell their gear. I am not asking for posting privledges in the marketplace, that is totally fine with me. All I want is to be able to see what is in it and be able to PM the members selling whatever gear it is that strikes my fancy. That is how it is done on every other forum I have visited with a restricted access marketplace - you can't post, not even replies, but you can message.

I understand why you have limited access to the marketplace. This is to prevent scammers from coming here in an attempt to screw community members out of their money. This makes perfect sense and I cannot argue that. The easiest way to scam something is to pretend you are selling something - if you can't sell somewhere, you can't scam those people. Fair enough. But why cut potential buyers out of the equation as well?

The typical transaction goes - seller lists item, interested buyer contacts seller, conditions worked out, buyer sends seller money, seller sends item when money is received. You can't really scam someone as a buyer. If a seller is dumb enough to send something out without first having the money for it, well...

Also, in your rules, you say the section is to be used by regular members of the JCF. Okay, that is what any marketplace is for. You also say it should not be seen as the reason to join the JCF - fair enough, nobody can see its there, so I assume most people join without even knowing their is a classifieds section here. Encouraging users to add to the board's value is great - but forcing them to contribute to the board to gain classified action is ridiculous.

I really want another Jackson. Really, really, really want another Jackson, and what better place to find a high quality USA made Jackson then on the Jackson forum? But I can't get into the classified section! And I need to put in 90 days and 100 posts to do so?

WHY?

Repost!

-a

Comment

hm. hey, i have an idea!
          eat balls.
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Fuckin' deal with it. Uggg!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Its to protect old users that actually have grounds on selling. I don't think I would buy from anyone with their first post being HEY I GOT THIS GUITAR FOR SALE FOR 1,500 BUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                BTW, do you come into someones house and tell them that their furnature sucks?
                Rick James does!
                Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The rules are in place to protect buyers from shady characters looking to rip people off, and to cut down on people just registering to pawn their crap.

To be blunt, if you don't like it, leave. No one is forcing you to stay.

On there other hand relax, look around, and get to know the folks that frequent this board. You'll find that this is probably the most mature and well run board on the net. There is lots of great historical information about Jackson/Charvel guitars to be found, as well as advice tech advice for guitars and amps from people that have been around and actually know what they are talking about. A large number of currrent forum members have been around on this board for five years or more.

If you are a player, it would be in your best interest to go with the flow and stick around IMO.

Comment

Part of it is to avoid hit and runs. Part of the reason the people probably sell here instead of ebay is so they can sell it to someone they know and trust and soemone they know will take care of whatever they're selling (that last statement may be a stretch but probably is not entirely incorrect :P)

Comment

"I really want another Jackson. Really, really, really want another Jackson, and what better place to find a high quality USA made Jackson then on the Jackson forum?"

eBay, whether you have classifieds access or not. Most of the stuff ends up there anyway.

Even though I'm not an admin and had nothing to do with the policies, I've gotta say your attitude is kinda pissing me off. I can only imagine what they're thinking.

*edit- Ah, I see they let you know while I was typing. lol
                        Last edited by dg; 12-13-2006, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Hmmm. I can see it just fine...
                          Man there are some really sweet deals in there right now.

Stick around. If you post for a while you will be able to get in... Small price to pay I think.

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                            Rick James does!
                            And you sir are the smarts!

-Nate
                            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                              Rick James does!
                              Ah-hahahaha-ya couch sucks-Ah-hahahahaha!!

Comment

Working...
                              X