Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my jam room back together.....

FINALLY

after being in disarray for the last like 2 weeks and getting my 52in. HDTV back from the repair shop(368 dollars later,,was a bad power supply board) I got to put my recording rig back together and thought I'd snap a couple pics.

It used to look like this..

which i didn't really like, cause the D8B's monitor is on top,, and i couldn't really see some of the info on the screen cause of the distance and angle.
    the DAW had a split screen which was cool cause i could have audio waveforms on one and the mixer, or whatever on the other, but each could only display so much,,,but now

I have the D8B moniter right above the mixer and just have to glance instead of squint, and i can still split the DAW moniter but can get WAAAAAYYYY more info on it cause its so big.

Just to get the RCA on the rack where it goes I had to disconnect the Mackie D8B- computers- racks ...everything, then dismantle the desk and move the side racks...which was like 2 hours,,it took me the better part of 5 to get it all back together and get everything functioning properly and everything in sync.

even though the HDTV has a DVI input and my vidio card has DVI output at first the picture was less than stellar. it was tolerable, but was just not sharp enough

so i got to poking around on the net and came up with a couple of programs to help me out. The first is called MONINFO http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/moninfo.exe

which will tell you the resolutions your monitor will display( which i already knew what the RCA was able to display but wanted to know all the details anyway )

the next is a program called POWERSTRIP
    http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/pstrip.exe

which will let you tweek your display settings in far more detail then whatever drivers come with your video card. this program is rules it even helped out the s-vid connection( which was good ,,now its great) i have going from this computer to the 60 in. in the living room where we watch movies, i would recommend this program to anyone who would like to tweek their display. makes it great for playing computer games on the tv also , i have seperate presets set up for diferent things...games- video- etc.

I also snapped some of the guitar rig.

i picked up the ENGL Savage 120 form Ivan some time ago, and now have it dialed in to my liking and it kicks major ass,, i also picked up a Genz Benz cab from a local bud,,and the score of the year for me,,the "MINT" 1978 carvin 4-12 under the G.B. that i scored in the local swapper paper for 100 bucks it had been in this guys storage for years,,,,if you could see it in person and i told you i just bought it new , there is nothing about this cab that would tell you otherwise, even the speakers are in ser.# sequential order.

ahhhh,,,what the hell,,,,,here is one of the guitar case in its current form while i'm at it

MOSH ON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Sweet! And I had that same computer chair. I hated it

Comment

Where's the 7-string Death Warrior?!?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that setup just gets crazier and crazier, Dave. Absolutely awesome.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

MY GOD! I just realized i am whoafully undergeared!
          www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

That Savage is slowly making it around the JCF I liked it when I owned it.

Comment

OMFG! Dude, that set up is total boner material.
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Krisna View Post
                I'm with you bro!! Wow!!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                  I'm with you bro!! Wow!!
                  but not with NV, Jeri?

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                  OMFG! Dude, that set up is total boner material.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice set-up - I just took the plunge into recording gear as well... WAY behind your set-up.
                    Just curious - I have a Savage 120 as well with GB G-Flex ported cabs.. how do you like that cab with the head?

Comment

That room scares me.

Comment

Damn, that's a nice jam room!

+1! But then again, I don't have enough room for them anyway at the moment.
                        -Janne

Comment

needs more nobs
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                            needs more nobs
                            & a bigger screen.

Comment

Wow, very nice room.
                              Just one thing: With the big screen hanging so high, don't you have neck problems when staring on it for some hours ? Normally the middle of a screen should be a bit below the eye height.

Flo
                              http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Working...
                              X