Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeventhSon View Post
    4 days without power here...
    Hopefully it'll return soon for you George!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
      Threee words: Roland mini Cube.
      Fixed

Comment

Here's what's really tragic. There have been 7 or so deaths due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Why is it that people don't get how and where to use a gasoline powered generator?
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Here's what's really tragic. There have been 7 or so deaths due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Why is it that people don't get how and where to use a gasoline powered generator?
          Fett, that is tragic, and I can relate. Earlier this year, a fellow officer at work had a generator in his basement to keep the fridge running. He had fallen on hard times. He was a nice guy but got caught up in alcohol related shit and got suspended without pay.

ANYWAY, unknown to him, his kid stayed home from school one day while the generator was running. They found him dead when they got home. I will never understand anyone that thinks running a gasoline, or any fuel burning engine indoors is a good idea.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
            Fett, that is tragic, and I can relate. Earlier this year, a fellow officer at work had a generator in his basement to keep the fridge running. He had fallen on hard times. He was a nice guy but got caught up in alcohol related shit and got suspended without pay.

ANYWAY, unknown to him, his kid stayed home from school one day while the generator was running. They found him dead when they got home. I will never understand anyone that thinks running a gasoline, or any fuel burning engine indoors is a good idea.
            another thing people have done is burn charcoal briquettes in an enclosed area, that'll kill ya quicker'n heck
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

6 days now! ETA for power is Sat earliest!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I'M OK EVERYONE! (wait, no one asked)

after 7 days, i just got power back today. with a 7500 watt generater i was able to run the gas heater, 360 xbox, 42" plasma, freezer & fridge, some light, and hair straightners & blowdryers to keep the teenage daughters from going crazy. the problem was finding gas to run the thing with the stations down. lost 2 100+ firs, but no house damage unlike the dude at the end of my street. it was strange at night cause all you could hear is gens. running.

i worked the night of the storm and was one of the first to deal with the trees in the morning. getting home was endless due to road blockage. the trees just snaped the power poles and transformers & wire was everywhere. i drove under a half dozen or more trees and pulled branches back to get by. the roads were green and all you hear is cracking from branches as you drove. amazing more did not get killed due to trees, but more died to keep warm. i have pic's of my street i'll post later.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Glad to hear your okay man! (sorry I don't know your name!)

Comment

I'm sorry,too. Glad to see you are still around.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I'm sorry,too. Glad to see you are still around.
                      thanks!

this is union hill which is my street, as you can see why we had no power... the whole hill was like this, and some homes still don't have power ...

...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                      X