The "YKTYDWTETKA" topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "YKTYDWTETKA" topic

The "You-Know-That-You-Don't-Watch-TV-Enough-To-Know-About" topic.

I admit that I stopped watching TV on a regular basis since a couple of years, the news was depressing and the shows were a bunch of hot air not even worth watching. Only discovery channel and shows like "Junkyard wars" and "Mythbusters" I tend to follow. Ever since then people tend to ask me under what rock I have been living as topics about famous people come up and I have no idea who they are talking about..

So to start off this "You-Know-That-You-Don't-Watch-TV-Enough-To-Know-About" topic, I'll gladly recall when I first learned about Paris Hilton. As you might recall, she and her then boyfriend recorded a wild night and released it on video and all kinds of spam mail began to spread with titles like "SEE THE PARIS HILTON SEX TAPE FOR $***"

And my "You-Know-That-You-Don't-Watch-TV-Enough-To-Know-About" moment was when I thought to myself:

"What do I care about a sex tape filmed at the Hilton hotel in Paris france?"
    I had absolutely NO IDEA that "Paris Hilton" was a person.

Trust me, your moment was way better then anyone's that actually watched that awful thing. :ROTF:

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

I haven't watched TV since I left college. Only when I eat downstairs in the cafeteria and most of the time they change it to BET.

Comment

I hear you man..I don't do the boob tube anymore..

I'm faithful to Southpark and some shows on Comedy Central and the History channel..but that's pretty much it..

I like Judge Judy..

The wife watches a bunch of bullshit..like Entertainment Tonight..a pathetic show aimed for the pathetic people..unfortunately my wife won't heed my warnings of patheticness..she's actually quite content and fond of her ignorance..it's true!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

<=- CATV-free for approx 6 years now.

I occasionally download a few shows that interest me over Bit Torrent. And I'll go to a bar if there's a sports game I want to watch.

-a

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
            I admit that I stopped watching TV on a regular basis since a couple of years, the news was depressing and the shows were a bunch of hot air not even worth watching. Only discovery channel and shows like "Junkyard wars" and "Mythbusters" I tend to follow.
            +1,000.000.000
            TV just sucks except for the sports and the documentaries. I think Discovery is getting watered down as well though, with way too many nonsense features. I'd rather play a nice computer game or play the guitar instead of rotting away in front of the tube. I've completely lost track of the celebrity race. Not that it bothers me at all..

Comment

I have a TV, but don't get any programs anymore since they switched completely to digital transmission (and you needed to buy a receiver to decode the signal).
              I didn't buy one, and didn't even notice it because I had pretty much stopped watching TV since I moved into my appartment two years ago.

I get my news and entertainment from the internet.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

The idiots lantern does suck these days.

Bring back Boston Legal and stop trying to show me "live" coverage of stupid people and their pathetic lives, which under no circumstance would i ever be interested in.

Thinking about what my BBC license fee goes on these days makes me cry almost every day

Comment

TV sucks... except for:

Dexter
                  Lost
                  Weeds
                  Nip/Tuck

Everything else pretty much sucks.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I really don't follow any series except The Shield and Sopranos. I also enjoy American Dad and Family Guy.

The only other stuff I watch on TV are Turner Classic Movies, Independent Film Channel and The Military Channel.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I watch House.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                        I watch House.
                        +1
                        When the series was running in the UK, it was like the best thing on TV.

Comment

I only use the TV for movies (on dvd, not the ones on tv because they suck most of the time..) and for gaming. I have given up on all these new series.. they all turn into soaps
                          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

House rules...

Besides that -
                            John Stewart
                            Southpark
                            Mythbusters
                            CSI
                            Random Discovery HD stuff
                            Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I primarily watch Sports. I watch the HBO series...Sporanos, Deadwood Entourage etc. I dont watch the network shows...I don't get the meaning when people say "Denny Crane" .
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X