Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drum restoration. It ain't just guitars you know!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum restoration. It ain't just guitars you know!!

So here's a pic of the two rack toms from a shitty Westbury kit I bought at a garage sale a couple of years ago. I paid $40 for the whole set, and sold the Rogers Dynasonic snare for $400. Hows that for a deal? So anyway, I figure since I am $360 up on this so far, I'll fix them up, buy a cheap snare, and give them to my 7 year old. He wants to take lessons really bad. So I give him the choice, and ask him what color he wants to do the drums. We go to the hardware store to pick out paint, and as soon as he sees the camo paints, he goes "oooooooohhh, we gotta do them camoflage".

So this is the result, the original 12" tom on the left, untouched, and the newly refurbished 13" tom on the right.

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Nice job I hope my kid does not see this, I'll be painting his set.

Comment

Cool..my Bud..stripped and painted his HUGE Tama set all black and white stripes just like Alex Van Halen..he was in my VH trib..it looked great!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Zeegs..very nice..what a major improvement..

Keep it up..just like that..that's going to look very cool!!

what kind of drums are those..

Bill Z

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer84 View Post
          Nice job I hope my kid does not see this, I'll be painting his set.
          Luckily my kid puts a blanket over his matte black Sonors..so they still look nice..I like the blanket..it's like drum pads..but I think it sounds better..keeps everything down to one level..except for the kick drum.

Throwing a blanket over the kit is cheap and effective!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
            Zeegs..very nice..what a major improvement..

Keep it up..just like that..that's going to look very cool!!

what kind of drums are those..

Bill Z

They're Westbury's Bill. Not very well known, and I don't think the kit was very expensive either, but it's his first kit, so it's not a big deal. I was going to paint all the hardware matte black too, but fuck that, it would take hours.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Really great!...
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Awesome!! That looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  They're Westbury's Bill. Not very well known, and I don't think the kit was very expensive either, but it's his first kit, so it's not a big deal. I was going to paint all the hardware matte black too, but fuck that, it would take hours.
                  Well it's lookin' cool as hell..and coming out very nice..

It's certainly NICE for first kit..he'll prolly have it for quite some time..

Comment

I can't see it. I love "Camo" Looks great.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

That looks pretty damn cool!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X