Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright!! Great news Mark

Comment

pick up another habit like chewing gum when ever you crave pop a spear mint
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Day 10.....and today is being a tough one. I had no idea that withdrawl symtoms would wait this long to kick in. I hardly slept last night, and most of this morning I had cold chills, terrible case of the "jitters", an aweful "tight" feeling in my jaws and cheeks, weakness in my limbs, rapid heart rate, and just a general feeling of "something's not right". Internet searches all led to a severe case of nicotine withdrawl. I went to the store and picked up a box of nicotine patches, put one on about an hour ago, and I'm feeling much better now. Does everyone go through this shit when they stop smoking??? Now my next fear is getting addicted to the stupid patches. I'll admit that a $2.50 pack of cigarettes was mighty tempting compared to the thirty bucks for the patches, but my will to quit those stupid cancer sticks won. I've always heard that the first three days were the toughest, so I was getting all cocky thinking I had this shit whipped.......but it looks like the fight has just began. Earlier this morning I actually felt like I was going to have a heart attack or something. It was that scary. I quit these fucking things to AVOID a heart attack!!!!
        Thanks for letting me vent! They say it helps to talk to others about it.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

3rd week is the hardest.
          Don't wuss out. It's worth it in the end.

Cheers
          Last edited by MEX3; 01-03-2007, 01:43 PM.

Comment

yep - we all get withdrawal sumptoms. i've heard it can take months to come off those patches. but fuck yeah are they great when you smoke at the same time! . tbh, i'd rather go completely cold turkey - no ripoff bastard patches. the first time i tried to quit, i used the patches. didn't work. the 2nd time i burst my lung and went completely without help. 7 months later, my panic attacks came back whenever faced with stress, so i started again.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
              I hardly slept last night, and most of this morning I had cold chills, terrible case of the "jitters", an aweful "tight" feeling in my jaws and cheeks, weakness in my limbs, rapid heart rate, and just a general feeling of "something's not right". my will to quit those stupid cancer sticks won. I've always heard that the first three days were the toughest, so I was getting all cocky thinking I had this shit whipped.......but it looks like the fight has just began. Earlier this morning I actually felt like I was going to have a heart attack or something. It was that scary. I quit these fucking things to AVOID a heart attack!!!!
              Thanks for letting me vent! They say it helps to talk to others about it.
              Wow, Mark, that is WEIRD! That's like the time I got all nauseous from chewing on a cigar - I thought I was gonna puke & die!

Good job hanging in there, I am thinking of you & your family!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hang in there Mark! I mentioned you to my wife when you hit the 1 week point, and she said the 2nd week was the worst for her when she quit. I was surprised, but I asked a couple other people & they told me week 2 or 3 was the worst for them too. Hopefully the patches will do the trick to get you through the physical part of it. Going through the pain shows that you really want to quit deep down! You can do it!

Comment

Thanks guys, cool to have your support. I'm gonna kick its ass!

Comment

Go Mark !! Stick it out !!! ... not that ... the fight against cigarettes !!!

You can do it !! We'll be playing tennis together before you know it !!! If I don't show, start without me !!!

Go YOU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
                      We'll be playing tennis together before you know it !!! If I don't show, start without me !!!
                      Of course you do mean the table top variety huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X