Tears for fears, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tears for fears, anyone?

I'm listening to the album called "The Hurting" and I like it. It's not the usual "electronic" music, actually I think they play their instruments. In any case I think they got taste for melody. Lately I'm try to listen to different music, not only rock and metal like I did for almost twelve years. Maybe it's cos some days I come back home from work with the head full of shit and without the right mood for some blastbeat. So I listen to some Tears for fears, The Police, but also Metheny and Jeff Beck. They got also some 80s felling, and man do I miss the 80s. Maybe cos I was just a kid, but things were much more cool then imo.

I never got into some of the sterotype bands of the 80s, but I love The Police, Toto, Genesis, Phil Collins, and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (as far as your main stream bands go).

Comment

I'm a big fan of Tears For Fears. Songs From The Big Chair is my favorite album of theirs and probably their best selling one although they always have made good records. And Roland Orzabal is a very underrated guitarist.
      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Never got any of their albums, but I always thought they were pretty decent.
        I am a big fan of The Police and have their box set Message In A Box.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Never got any of their albums, but I always thought they were pretty decent.
          I am a big fan of The Police and have their box set Message In A Box.
          Same here, to bad they cant stand one another enough to tour.

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
            I'm a big fan of Tears For Fears. Songs From The Big Chair is my favorite album of theirs and probably their best selling one although they always have made good records. And Roland Orzabal is a very underrated guitarist.

And Roland is prolly making money off of Mad World now that it has been redone. The cover of it was #1 on iTunes downloads for a while. This was 3 years after Donnie Darko. Ha even used in Gears Of War.
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
              And Roland is prolly making money off of Mad World now that it has been redone. The cover of it was #1 on iTunes downloads for a while. This was 3 years after Donnie Darko. Ha even used in Gears Of War.
              I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
                I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to them first time around, although they had a song or two that I liked. I always thought the two singer thing was sort of their hook, like The Hooters - it has only been in the last few years that I've caught a couple of their videos on tv and notice that it was actually Roland playing lead. I didn't realise back then that he was a guitarist that sings, and not just a dual-lead-singer-guy. Cool player too. Now that I'm older, I appreciate their stuff a lot more. Maybe I should pick some up...
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I like that Shout song they have, but that's about it.

Comment

I loved Songs From the Big Chair. I never picked up the new album. I love all types of music, especially from the 80's. There was some cool stuff in new wave.

chuck
                    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

I love the old British stuff from the early 80's. My favorite Tears for Fears is, 'Pale Shelter'. I thought the shower of paper airplanes with the music in the video was very well done.

Comment

Songs from the Big Chair was a very good album! Shout is definitely my favorite. It's a good song to test out speakers too.

Comment

Ok, so now I have to check out Songs from the big chair! I know just Shout from that album.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor View Post
                            Ok, so now I have to check out Songs from the big chair! I know just Shout from that album.
                            Good decision Mordor. You won't be disappointed. "Everybody Wants To Rule The World", "Working Hour", and of course "Shout" are definitely very good tracks.

Comment

Tears for Fears is a great group. They released a fantastic album back in '04 called "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending". There is some really fantastic song writing and arranging on that album. You can tell these guys are students of a lot of the great singer/songwriters of the 60's.

It's amazing when you go back and listen to a lot of the tunes from the 80's - there were some really great songs written. Some don't stand the test of time with regards to the cheese ball production but if you can get past that there are some real gems out there. A lot of those guys are out there playing still in some form and when you hear them play their tunes as a live band it is quite different. Hall and Oates is a good example - Oates still doesn't matter but Darryl Hall is a kickass singer and a lot of those songs sound really great the way they play them these days.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X