Dish Network HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dish Network HD

Does anyone have Dish HD? I'm thinking of switching to it. I've got Digital cable right now, it's OK, but they don't offer HD programming. I bought an HD ready TV about a year ago and think it's time to switch. So, if you've got it, any pro's and con's you could share?

The cons are, you can only get a true HD signal over the air, not through digital cable or sat tv. The stuff you are seeing on digital cable and Dish or DirecTV is HD formatted, but not true HD quality. They have to compress the signal to meet bandwidth limits, so you will lose some quality in the compression.
    The thing that sucks is, you can only get local HD channels over the air, so HD over Dish or DirecTV is better than none at all when it comes to things like HBO or Discovery Channel and such.

I would recommend that you buy an HD antenna and reciever to get your local HD channels. Dish and DirecTV will charge you extra to recieve local HD channels.
    -Rick

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm probably going to check it out. They have alot of HD channels on Dish which I'm pretty anxious to check out, like Monsters HD (big horror fan). The only real drawback is that my ISP is cable now and very fast. I'll have to switch to AT&T braodband and I'm not real cracked up about it.

Comment

Working...
      X