Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye doctor and telephone ettiquete (sp?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye doctor and telephone ettiquete (sp?)

Today I went to see my eye doctor. I've been going to him for a long time now almost 8 years I guess. He's a very good eye doctor. He's a very professional man, I always think he should have been a college professor or something, because he is kind of "stiff". We spend some time yapping and I he knows I play in a band, and I can see it goes WAY over his head:ROTF: . Then he tells me something about going to a wonderful dinner and explains the presentation and flavor, and it goes way over MY head (touche?):ROTF: Anyhow, at todays appointment, in the middle of my exam, HIS cell phone rings. Mine was turned off. So he pulls the phone out of his pocket and TAKES the call. Uhm..ok, and it seems to be about NOTHING!! Glad you called, how ya been, yada yada yada..yeah we just got back from my sons house in North Carolina....yada yada...the kids are great. etc..you get my point. This could have waited.
    It just floored me. When he got off of the phone he just said, "pardon the interruption" and went right back to work.
    That just floored me. I expected him to be more professional than that.
    Anything like that ever happen to you??

Yes it has happened to me several times, unprofessional doctors seem to be the norm these days. They have the nerve to get miffed if you say something too.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

does the dentist taking a a break to smoke a fatty with you count as unprofessional?
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
        does the dentist taking a a break to smoke a fatty with you count as unprofessional?
        Absolutely NOT my badmin buddy!! That's my kind of dentist :ROTF:

Comment

dents your brain not your teeth-lol, he's a pisser across the board. That means good where I come from.

Comment

The places where people use there cell phones
            have gotten WAY out of control.
            I was at my friends funeral, and at least 3 phones went off
            during the services.
            What the fuck.
            I say places where a call would disturb anybody should have
            Jammers.
            Come-on people.
            Turn those phones off.
            Have a little respect for others.

Comment

Yup, happened to me last weekend. I paid to take a class at the gun range and the instructor took several calls on his cell phone in the middle of the class..

Didn't really piss me off, but it was nothing that couldn't have waited until a break or after class.
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

so the dentist is officialy labeled as acool cat then I take it.
                Afuneral? that is over the top, and just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Comment

I remodeled the house of a local doctor, and I was amazed how I was able to get thru to him everytime I called to talk about something concerning the project. then I found out he was taking my calls in the middle of examinations and a couple times he had his nurse hand him the phone right in the middle of surgery, He is even the chief of staff at the hospital, but the kicker is this guy is a urologist/vascular surgeon, I just can imagine he was talking to me about his fireplace logs or wife bidet, while working on some poor guys gonads
                  Last edited by FusionFarmer; 12-22-2006, 10:19 AM.
                  I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

You think answering the phone is bad form? Check this out: we recently got a new family dentist. Our old dentist was just too far away, and since we moved to a new neighbourhood, this worked out great.

He seems like a really nice guy and his assistants are great too. I had my first check up and the wife had hers the next day. She asks how it was and I said "Good, he's a really friendly guy".

She's in her appointment the next day and he's looking over her x-rays and looking in her mouth and stuff. Suddenly there's a not very pleasant odor of farts in the room and the dentists says "Excuse me" and caries on with his work. He fucking cut one!

How rude! :ROTF:
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I think all professionals that deal with the public should put a cork in it. And that includes cellphones.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                        Suddenly there's a not very pleasant odor of farts in the room and the dentists says "Excuse me"... He fucking cut one!
                        Well, was it just one, or more than one? Maybe your wife joined in?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cell phone aside I think it is poor form to take personal calls when assisting a customer. As far as breaking wind, how old is this guy? Older guys just donnt seem to give a shit. My father in law is 65 and he is beyond caring about where or when he cuts loose.

Comment

I used to work in a hospital. The best comment from a nurse was sort of an old one, but soo true:

What is the difference between God and a Doctor?

God doesn't think he's a Doctor.....
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Maybe I'm just getting old,...but I think ANYBODY at work should leave the cell off.I work at a small steel mill,and at any givin' moment,out of 44 men,30 have a phone to thier ear while working. I can see the day where they are not allowed in the plant 'cause some dumb ass got his arm ripped off due to yappin' and not paying attention.......
                              www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X