No announcement yet.

Interesting LPC story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this. Parents decided to move while I was in the Marines. Had maybe half a dozen cheap guitars and an amp or two, clothes, books, etc... They left everything of mine. Their excuse, we didn't have room in the truck. Luckily I had visited them about a year or so earlier and snagged my SG! That would have been a goner too.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
      Ok, heres a good one for ya. Im talking to my boss last night and she tells me this story. Her husband played guitar when he was younger and had a nice black LPC. When he left the house and got married he stopped playing and kept the guitar at his parents house, same town as him. So 10 years later, now, someone gives him an acoustic guitar for free. He noodles around with it and gets the bug to play again. So he goes to his parents house to get his guitar and guess what. Its gone. They sold it 2 years ago. And it gets better. They sold it so his brother could buy his fiance an engagement ring. And the brother knew this the whole time and never said a word to him. He is so pissed he wants to break their necks. He cant believe that his family is such a bunch of messed up people. (actually he can). Just thought Id share this with you.
      Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
      How about this. Parents decided to move while I was in the Marines. Had maybe half a dozen cheap guitars and an amp or two, clothes, books, etc... They left everything of mine. Their excuse, we didn't have room in the truck. Luckily I had visited them about a year or so earlier and snagged my SG! That would have been a goner too.
      I cant imagine my family doing anything even approaching this level of total disregard for my stuff. Thats just utter bullshit.

Later,

Steve
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

id take the fiance's engagement ring, pawn it, and use the money to buy a better guitar....i would also take payment in the form of a free throat punch on either of them

Comment

I say he gets to consumate the marriage, "prima norte" (1st night), as badmin of this board, anyone who's guitar, or guitars are sold for their brothers wife's to be's engagement ring shall be fully given the the rights to make sure she is a new member of the family with the assaulting ly, sick law that the english use to impose on the Scots centuries ago.
          Just call me me Edward the Long Shanks-lol
          thankyou,
          The management
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

wow, quite a response. First off, the fiance is a total pig so anything relating to banging her is a no go for sure. I think they sold it for like a grand. He just found this out so hes kinda still in shock. Its typical of the crap that his parents do to him and his wife. He left the family business to get married and the brother stepped right in to kiss ass. So, hes kinda been treated like crap since that day. It really isnt much of a surprise that they would do a thing like this but the fact that the brother knew this was going down and didnt say anything is the real shocker. They are quite the dysfunctional family for sure. As for the free acoustic, its a fender, prolly worth about $300 that his neighbor put out for the trash. He saw the case by the curb and decided to check it out. He even checked with the neighbor that he was really throwing it out. He was cleaning out the basement, LOL. Its pretty nice. The LPC was a late 80's model. He used to talk to me about it when he found out that I was a guitar nut. What a shame.

Comment

Working...
            X