ebay situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay situation

Ive kinda been worrysome about a recent purchase i made on ebay, and i was hoping some of you ebay experts could give me some advice.

So I purchaced a zvex nano amp with the BIN option on december 7, and i payed using a paypal e-check. With the e-check it usually takes a couple of days to "clear" or whatever, so i figured it would be best if i told the seller, and i sent him a message saying so. Also in this message i asked when the seller planned to ship the item. No response back

On december 13, when the item cleared i sent him another message reminding him that the payment had cleared, and i again asked him when he planned to ship it. no response back

I sent him another one on december 15, basically saying the same things as the last ones. No response back.

I sent him another one last night, and im currently awaiting response.

Im kinda new to ebay, and i use it very limitedly, but on the other purchases ive made usually the seller contacts me and tells me when he plans to ship it, and i usually recieve the item in less than a week.

So my question is, should i start worry about this purchase? The seller has good feedback, most of the feedback saying "good communication." Im starting to think i might of made a mistake.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Not quite yet. He could be busy with the season. With his feedback being good, I would give it a little more time. That being said. I hate it when this happens. It's an Ebay store and they could be very busy. Here's the auction http://cgi.ebay.com/Z-VEX-ZVEX-TUBE-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by fett; 12-22-2006, 01:49 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Get their contact info from ebay

And give him a call. I personally have a low tolerance for people who can't figure out how to operate their email and contact me after an auction, especially once they have my money. Maybe I'm too harsh, because when I sell I always ship that same day or the next business day, and I ALWAYS communicate that to the buyer.

Good luck, hope yer amp arrives soon,
      Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Well..its a little premature yet. As I'm often told...there are two sides to the situation and every seller can be different. Kinda like with your boss, what I would expect as being fair and good in way of communication is not always the way it plays out.
        I too would probably be a bit concerned myself. BUT! the current weight of favor in this situation can go to the seller. A seller does not have to communicate with you once the payment has been received about the status of the transaction per eBay.
        It would be nice... but not every seller is nice or will spend time chatting in correspondence during peak season.. they are there to make money.
        Ebay or paypal also says a seller can have up to 30 days to have an item delivered via the USPS w/o any repocussion. Apparently its to allow the USPS sufficient time to get your package there with some slack leeway given for a variety of reasons..holidays, delayed shipments etc. I believe its even a law.
        It seems (specualtion here on my behalf) set up this way to cut down on the number of claims being paid out so theres no overlap of paid claims and the item being received and then having to deal withthe issue of refunds.
        Being its priority mail.. your concern is understandable..but my advice having been through some bad ebay bs..don't mess with it just yet. This guy has a pretty good rep, unless he went loco pyscho, off on permanent holiday or died in a car crash..you have so low a feedback he would just slap ya across the face with a newbee neg and kick ya out the door. If your payment cleared around the 12-15th and it's only been about a week. I'd wait at least another week.. don't bug him anymore.

I agree tho, as stated by Keith at the very least, you are perfectly in line to try to contact him via another means and find out what's up after about 10-12 business days. Even Prioirty mail at this time of year can take up to 4 days. If it doesn't show by the end of the month and they are still non responsive, then I would consider having a cause for filing an item not received claim.
        Last edited by charvelguy; 12-22-2006, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
          Well..its a little premature yet. As I'm often told...there are two sides to the situation and every seller can be different. Kinda like with your boss, what I would expect as being fair and good in way of communication is not always the way it plays out.
          I too would probably be a bit concerned myself. BUT! the current weight of favor in this situation can go to the seller. A seller does not have to communicate with you once the payment has been received about the status of the transaction per eBay.
          It would be nice... but not every seller is nice or will spend time chatting in correspondence during peak season.. they are there to make money.
          Ebay or paypal also says a seller can have up to 30 days to have an item delivered via the USPS w/o any repocussion. Apparently its to allow the USPS sufficient time to get your package there with some slack leeway given for a variety of reasons..holidays, delayed shipments etc. I believe its even a law.
          It seems (specualtion here on my behalf) set up this way to cut down on the number of claims being paid out so theres no overlap of paid claims and the item being received and then having to deal withthe issue of refunds.
          Being its priority mail.. your concern is understandable..but my advice having been through some bad ebay bs..don't mess with it just yet. This guy has a pretty good rep, unless he went loco pyscho, off on permanent holiday or died in a car crash..you have so low a feedback he would just slap ya across the face with a newbee neg and kick ya out the door. If your payment cleared around the 12-15th and it's only been about a week. I'd wait at least another week.. don't bug him anymore.

I agree tho, as stated by Keith at the very least, you are perfectly in line to try to contact him via another means and find out what's up after about 10-12 business days. Even Prioirty mail at this time of year can take up to 4 days. If it doesn't show by the end of the month and they are still non responsive, then I would consider having a cause for filing an item not received claim.
          thanks a bunch man, i did NOT know about the 30 day rule, and i also did not nkow that a seller does not have to contact the buyer after payment has been sent. This makes me feel heaps better. Guess im just gonna have to wait it out!

Comment

I only had this happen once, and it was on a thing of 40,000 odd hockey cards. A month later and not a word from the sller I got them. Just hang in there. I don't like it either, but its the way some people work.

Comment

I have read the whole thread but I would wait. The no communication does suck tho, that would bother me too.

I recently sold an item and a the buyer used PayPal eCheck. Even after the eCheck cleared his bank I didnt have a clear through PaPal...it took a couple more days to clear before I shipped...
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

3 emails after payment with no response - I would file a Paypal dispute based on the fact that he is supposed to ship within 7 days of cleared payment per Paypal. They will put a hold on his Paypal account, he'll notice that and then ship.

That's what I did in a similar situation and the item shipped one day after I filed the dispute. I have no doubt the guy would have ignored my emails had I not filed the dispute. He sent the guitar In a folded box that flourescent bulbs come in anyway, with no packing marterial. Ot was literally folded like an envelope around the guitar, which miraculously was unharmed.

File the dispute, it'll get his attention. Holiday or no, he's in the wrong at this point. A lot of people hate those e-checks though, he might have been miffed about that and decided to let you wait since he had to wait. Not that it's right, but that's how people think sometimes.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  3 emails after payment with no response - I would file a Paypal dispute based on the fact that he is supposed to ship within 7 days of cleared payment per Paypal. They will put a hold on his Paypal account, he'll notice that and then ship.

That's what I did in a similar situation and the item shipped one day after I filed the dispute. I have no doubt the guy would have ignored my emails had I not filed the dispute. He sent the guitar In a folded box that flourescent bulbs come in anyway, with no packing marterial. Ot was literally folded like an envelope around the guitar, which miraculously was unharmed.

File the dispute, it'll get his attention. Holiday or no, he's in the wrong at this point. A lot of people hate those e-checks though, he might have been miffed about that and decided to let you wait since he had to wait. Not that it's right, but that's how people think sometimes.
                  ok i went ahead and opened the dispute, and i told the guy that i would not leave negative feedback if hed just send me an email and tell me whats up. i hope i didnt do anything bad.

Comment

good job. I always file dispute as soon as possible if I have not heard anything from the seller. Kept me from getting scammed for over $500 once. Paypal put the freeze on the seller's funds before he had a chance to take the money & run.

Comment

so after i filed the dispute he sends me a message saying mines the next one out, and it doesnt seem like hes too miffed about it. looks like i played this one right.

Comment

Sometimes sellers advertise inventory they may carry and sell, but currently do not have in stock. I've had the case where I've gone a couple weeks on priority mail sale and heard nothing back from my emails just because the guy was listing and selling for items he was supposedly getting in, but did not have on hand. Not saying thats the case here. but ya never know.
                        Good to hear it worked out ok.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                          Sometimes sellers advertise inventory they may carry and sell, but currently do not have in stock. I've had the case where I've gone a couple weeks on priority mail sale and heard nothing back from my emails just because the guy was listing and selling for items he was supposedly getting in, but did not have on hand. Not saying thats the case here. but ya never know.
                          Good to hear it worked out ok.
                          that actually is the case. On the ebay add it said that he had 9 instock, but he mailed me saying that he was waiting on a shipment from zvex.

Comment

Working...
                          X