Something I've been curious about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I've been curious about

You know how you plug all your gear up and take the time to neatly arrange all the cables then need to add or remove something and find that those neatly arranged cables that you never moved or touched is now all fucked up?

I've been curious. If you tangle that shit up into a big ol mess before you start plugging everything in, will you came back to neat easy to manage cable arrangement at a later time?

I figure those gremlins that get in there to fuck it all up must get confused and straighten it all out.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

If only it worked that way. I think my gremlins are crackheads or something. LOL.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
      I figure those gremlins that get in there to fuck it all up must get confused and straighten it all out.
      :ROTF: I don't think they will. They are clever little bastids.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I saw the light a few years ago and figured out how to combat those little bastids (gremlins). Velcro tie wraps, that's the key

I still say these are the same little buggers that run off with all the rear trem covers, truss rod covers and of course, tremolo bars :ROTF:
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

A neat thing for cables is shorten some paper towel rolls or use T.P. rolls, just either loop or double back your cable and slip it into the tube and toss it in the crate
          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
            I saw the light a few years ago and figured out how to combat those little bastids (gremlins). Velcro tie wraps, that's the key

I still say these are the same little buggers that run off with all the rear trem covers, truss rod covers and of course, tremolo bars :ROTF:
            I haven't lost my back plate yet! It's been sitting on top of my amp since the day I got my RR3 and took it off

Comment

Are you sure it's still there?

Anyhoo, one of the major issues of cord confusion (as someone who constantly runs at least 7 rack units, not to mention a standard guitar cable and a Roland GK cable) is that we connect each piece fully one at a time - power cable, input(s), output(s) to destination(s) for piece #1, then move on to #2 and connect the power, input(s), output(s) to destination(s).

If you swap out gear frequently, it might be a good idea to devise a connection system that is centered around that.

Say you're always swapping out preamps to use with whatever pedals and/or rack effects: start at the End (mixer) and work your way to the front (preamp). This way, all your preamp cables are on top of the pile.

If you have the preamp you want and you're always swapping out FX units/pedals, connect them last so those cables are always on top and things are easily added in/taken out/expanded upon.

This way you don't have to completely rebuild your rig every time you want to try something out, and if you decide to keep it "forever", then you can do the rebuild just to make sure all your cables are behaving.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Are you sure it's still there?
                Yup When I'm done playing I just unplug my two (yes, 2) cables and place my metal zone on top of the back plate, on top of the amp. And then if I'm feeling particularly cleanly I'll coil up my cables, but most of the time I just toss them in a pile in front of my amp. And nothing ever moves. I guess I dont have any little bastid gremlins for my rig

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
                  Yup When I'm done playing I just unplug my two (yes, 2) cables and place my metal zone on top of the back plate, on top of the amp. And then if I'm feeling particularly cleanly I'll coil up my cables, but most of the time I just toss them in a pile in front of my amp. And nothing ever moves. I guess I dont have any little bastid gremlins for my rig
                  Shouldn't have said anything man, I'm sure the gremlins check this forum, and now they know that they missed a house...

Comment

quick hide that cables and back plates! the gremlins are coming! THE GREMLINS ARE COMING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Any wire or cord will get tangled. It's the Code of the West.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy View Post
                        Shouldn't have said anything man, I'm sure the gremlins check this forum, and now they know that they missed a house...
                        LOL

Yeah, that's why information like this should be posted in classifieds.
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Curly cables! No mess!

Comment

Working...
                          X