Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Christmas Loot Thread!

So, whadja get?

I admit I'm not as "needy" as I was when I was a kid (well, at Christmas, anyway ) and I buy myself stuff all year long, so I go all out on my parents at Christmas.

I bought them a new RCA 52" big screen (WalMart - $894) to replace their older Zenith 52" that crapped out twice in one month. I got it just before Thanksgiving, because I knew they'd be gone on Black Friday - sure enough, even the display model was gone the day after T-Day

Couldn't wrap it, of course, so it was an early Christmas present.

I also got them both a VCR/DVD recorder combo (that's what they're getting today). Originally, I had picked up a DVD recorder for my Dad, and my Mom was going to pay me back for that since she couldn't think of anything to get him (like me, he's a computer nerd with specific tastes ) but when they went shopping, he picked out a Printer/Fax/all-in-one thing, so she had me take the DVD thing back (she hadn't paid me for it yet, and he didn't see it).

That worked out great, because they didn't get the DVD/VCR combos until AFTER I got the DVD recorder, and I wanted to get one for my Mom anyway (she's got hours of VHS tapes of the news broadcasts from the September 11th stuff she's been wanting me to put on DVD for her), so once I was able to return the other DVD recorder, I went straight for the combos

The beauty of it is, they don't know they're getting them

I also got my Mom some movies she's been wanting - Ice Age:Meltdown, Cars, Fox and the Hound (original, not that new crap), and the Godzilla box set (with the original Gojira!).

I got my Dad a couple of lightweight jackets he can wear when he's doing stuff in the yard, and a throw thing so he can snooze in his recliner without freezing to death

So, what'd everybody else get?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Starts with a "P" and ends with an "L" and has a "owerbal" in the middle. Gave wifey an even better gift though.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

A pair of jeans and a couple-a-shirts.

The kids made out like "Bandits"!!!!!

A~
      All hail the 'King'
      R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Pink Floyd's greatest hits , bunch of Zeppelin merch, badass mufuggin' leather jacket and a Line6 Tone Port! (Yeah I have a big family )
        Last edited by Szostak; 12-25-2006, 09:54 AM.
        DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

New Digital Camera....pics coming soon and a new Flowmaster exhaust system for my Dodge Ram....and yes its a Hemi

Comment

I got a lighter bank account as always....since I'm the lone breadwinner in the home (by choice) I dont get a happy happy joy joy feeling when I get gifts that I really dont want no need yet I paid for them....yeah I'm real festive this year people
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I got a pair of gloves, some Polo cologne and a winter coat.

Comment

Finally got something that I really needed, this sucker has a bigger engine than my first motorcycle ,

I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

got some flannel shrts +pants, a couple of t shirts, socks , some cash and a craftsman skill saw

MOSH ON
                  DAVE
                  "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    I got a lighter bank account as always....since I'm the lone breadwinner in the home (by choice) I dont get a happy happy joy joy feeling when I get gifts that I really dont want no need yet I paid for them....yeah I'm real festive this year people
                    Well, take comfort in the knowledge that it could be a lot worse - I can prove that it's no fun being the only one you have to spend 90% of your income on. Yeah I got nice stuff, but it's just stuff.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

New Craftsman cordless drill... coffee maker and clothes.
                      -Rick

Comment

socks, jeans, trainers, cigarette case, portable radio, showergel. useful stuff. i'd have preferred a nice WRXT or KE3, but my parents aren't rich. i got my dad a birthday card and bottle of grouse. my mum got a bottle of wine. i'm definitely scrooge. i bought myself a sound module on ebay costing me £180. i got approx £100 worth gifts, my parents got £26 worth of booze, and fuck all for my druggy brother.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Snow White DK2M, socks, Rock Star DVD (love that movie), cordless beard trimmer, Best Buy gift card, and a book called "The Illustrated Dictionary of Guitars."

Alvin
                          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Peavey Bastage 10w amp, Camo jeans, hunting boots, a few DVDs, Madden '07, MP3 player, thermal shirts, wire cutters (because I stole my dad's for strings ), Screwdriver with changable heads (same reason), some Power Ranger gloves (inside family tradition), and some picks. Not too bad, I'm happy with it. Oh yeah, and a really cool fuzzy blue hat.

And how 'bout some pics Alvin?
                            Last edited by Mike; 12-25-2006, 11:11 AM.
                            My Main Rig:
                            '87 Charvel Model 4A
                            Peavey KB100 amp
                            Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                            '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                            '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                            '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                            '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                            '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

A Titanium ring and a bottle of perfume.
                              My biggest smile came when I unveiled a Fisher Price battery powered Mustang for my three year old.
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                              X