No announcement yet.

The Christmas Loot Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as long as she specified where she wanted the gift card from....
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yup... Starbucks.
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

The wife and I agreed not to get each other presents since we're saving up for some stuff in 2007, and my parents had the same basic arrangement, but I got some stuff to keep me entertained...

Bose Companion 2 PC speakers
        Arsenal of Megadeth DVD
        Star Wars - Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith (no Jar-Jar fest here)
        Predator 1 & 2 Collector's Edition
        Guns n' Roses Greatest Hits

I bought my brother the LTD SC-500 that Thor here was selling a little while back. He doesn't really care about one guitar brand over another, but since he likes the Deftones and needed a better backup for his neck-thru Charvel, this was the way to go.
        sigpic

Comment

A puppy!.. well that was a few weeks ago but it was our "family" christmas present.

I moved some gear around to fund a Parker P-42 with a hardshell case. It is an amazing instrument. I'll post pics and a review when I find my camera-PC cable.

A bunch of sweaters, pants, socks, boxers, etc.

A few DVD's that include:
          1. Batman Returns
          2. The 40 year old virgin
          3. The Polar Express
          4. Saturday Night Live Christmas special
          5. the Trans Siberian Orchestra CD... Forgot which one it is but there are 23 tunes and song four is Wizards and Winter or something like that.

A bunch of Reese's candy from my wife.

For some reason I got a bunch of air freshners this year. I think my family may be trying to tell me something. Either that or my wife wants me to put them in my hockey equipment room.

I think my wife and I spoiled each other this year. It was our first Christmas together.

Inazone, does your brother like the guitar?
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I got three thousand bucks....and yes it's almost gone now
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I got a bag of cookies from my neighbor. Much better than the originally expected "nothing at all form anyone"

Comment

$5O And a plain black hoodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                  I got a bag of cookies from my neighbor. Much better than the originally expected "nothing at all form anyone"
                  Always better to get more than you expected, unless the more you got sucks completely.
                  My Main Rig:
                  '87 Charvel Model 4A
                  Peavey KB100 amp
                  Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                  '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                  '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                  '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                  '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                  '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I got some really cool stuff based on my new hobby.

I got some new shirts, pants and socks (the X-mas staples when you're a grownup person) Also some stocking stuffers.

As far as toys, I got a really cool experimental toy...an Edison cylinder style phonograph recorder. It uses a plastic cup as the "record" you record your voice or basically anything you can get the horn close enough to (record some metal onto a plastic cup, and play it back for that old 19th century sound!)
                    It records, then plays back on this cup. It's such a cool little toy!
                    I also got an album full of old 78rpm records. Just in case you haven't figured out, my new hobby is collecting old record players, and old records (78s).

The only guitar-related thing I got, is a T-shirt that says "Playing Guitar" on the front with a Flying V thru the front...and on the back a bunch of guitars and the famous quote, "You can't have too many guitars".
                    Kinda ironic now that I only own 1 guitar.

Overall...I'm really happy with my extremely thoughtful haul from all of my family.

Comment

I got a rock....
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

it's Halloween lerx?-lol I knew something was wrong with my brain.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post
                          Inazone, does your brother like the guitar?
                          I haven't talked to him since Christmas Eve, but he seemed pretty pumped about it. He'll probably bring it to practice on Thursday. If not, I'll accuse him of being ungrateful.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                            Of all things...I got a carton of cigarettes.
                            Hang in there Mark!
                            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                              Of all things...I got a carton of cigarettes.
                              That's ok Mark....I got a case of "Beers Of The World" from the girlfriend's cousins who know I don't drink, and have known this for the 3 years I've been with her.

Comment

I got a nice Samsung PDA from my GF and a new Ionic Breeze Quadra from my parents. (I had one for 4 years and it just died...the new one is twice the size....snnnnniff....mmmm clean air!!! LOL) My Sis got me a $60 gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse and $60 cash.
                                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                                X