X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent motorcycle boots?

I am looking to pick up a pair of motorcycle boots, because:

a) My other ones are 10 years old and starting to show their age, and:
    b) I've got a nice pile of cash sitting around to buy something with.

I ride a sport bike, so I want something more street/race style, as opposed to shit-kicker Harley Davidson style (no offense, Scott, or you other Harley riders...)

I have been considering:

1) Joe Rocket Speedmaster
    2) Teknic Lightning
    3) Alpinestar S-MX Plus
    4) Gaerne GR-S or GR-W
    5) AGV Sports Laguna

Anyone have any experience with any of these, or know of anything else that is good?

I have just been doing web rsearch for now, so I haven't tried any on yet. I am not sure how many of those boots mentioned I will find. I imagine the Alpinestars and Joe Rockets will be easy enough to track down, but the others will probably be harder to locate.

Thanks for any suggestions,

- Eric
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

I have a pair of Oxtar boots that I use for commuting and long distance tours that are awesome. Really tough and still comfortable. I love them. They wouldn't work for the sport stylie crowd though. The Gaerne's are pretty nice and Joe Rocket stuff seems really well made, so I would tend to trust those as well.

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

If I'm going to wreck my head, ass and my balls..I want to do it in style..

..in a pair of Steel-toed 10 eye Gripfast..that shine like mirrors!!

I LOVE 'em!!..http://www.instepdrmartens.com/brows...7c6/items.html
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        If I'm going to wreck my head, ass and my balls..I want to do it in style..

..in a pair of Steel-toed 10 eye Gripfast..that shine like mirrors!!

I LOVE 'em!!..http://www.instepdrmartens.com/brows...7c6/items.html
        I said I wanted something for motorcycling, Bill, not something to wear to an ass-kicking contest!

Those look like serious boots.

- E.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo View Post
          I have a pair of Oxtar boots that I use for commuting and long distance tours that are awesome. Really tough and still comfortable. I love them. They wouldn't work for the sport stylie crowd though. The Gaerne's are pretty nice and Joe Rocket stuff seems really well made, so I would tend to trust those as well.

chuck
          I found a pair of the Gaernes in my size for 159.00 online at Brockton Cycle Apparel in Mass. That's a steal, as they are usually priced around 250.00. If they have a decent return policy, I may order them and try them out.

- E.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
            I said I wanted something for motorcycling, Bill, not something to wear to an ass-kicking contest!

Those look like serious boots.

- E.
            I sorry..

My daddy wears Lugz..he has a awesome chopper!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i had my eye on a pair of harley boots last year. I finally gave in and bought them... Pure foot torture!!
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I have a pair of Alpinestars S-MX4's and they are great boots. Great protection and they are very comfortable. I think I paid around $150 for them.

Comment

Working...
                X