• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horizontal wall-hangers?

hey folks!
    first off; merry christmas to everyone!
    hope you all had a nice couple of days.

santa was good to me.
    actually we agreed he'd take care of the customs and fees once my guitar is shipped out from CS, but as I have a closer look I see it's actually a little more than I really need, so I'm finally in the position to get some wallhangers for all my guitars!

now there once was a thread in here with a JCFer posting pics of his jam-room, and he had these beautiful horizontal wall hangers for his guitars.
    I really loved the look, wrote a pm, got a pm back together with a link on where to order them, really nice dude, but somehow I managed to accidently delete this pm and lost the link that way.
    I neither remember the name nor the thread....
    I'm way stupid.

anyone know where to get these hangers?
    thanks///micha
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Micha, was it the String Swing?

Comment

exactly something like that!!
      thanks a lot dg!

do you have experience with them?
      how'd you think would they fit a rhoads or kelly?
      Last edited by micha; 12-27-2006, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I haven't tried them, but was thinking about it. Not sure if it would work for the Rhoads shape. Maybe the lower wing would go between the body supports if that section swings? I'd want to know from someone who actually mounted a Rhoads horizontally, though. You might do best with separate brackets for body & neck. Better pic:

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          I'd want to know from someone who actually mounted a Rhoads horizontally, though.
          yes, that would be awesome indeed.
          they do offer a low profile version of this hanger, too;
          String Swing manufactures safe and secure instrument storage solutions, including the best guitar hangers, mounts, racks, and stands in the music industry.

this would look even better but on the other hand it looks like I'd trust it even less...

I'm not sure yet which guitars are gonna go into this horizontal ones and which into the usual vertical ones. pends on how it looks in the end I guess...
          I just know I need some further hangers and I don't have enough room to put them all up vertically.

anyone else knows these or other hangers personly?

thanks for your help dg!

Comment

just found this pic on another forum;

looks like it's pretty solid IMO. it's the low profil version.
            I didn't know the guitar's somehow slanted towards the wall...

I think I will give them a try and get two of these.
            if it doesn't work out, I'm sure I will get rid off them on the bay, never seen hangers of this kind over here...

I'll get back to ya with some pics of it holding a rhoads if you want.

thanks again///micha

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
              just found this pic on another forum;

looks like it's pretty solid IMO. it's the low profil version.
              I didn't know the guitar's somehow slanted towards the wall...

I think I will give them a try and get two of these.
              if it doesn't work out, I'm sure I will get rid off them on the bay, never seen hangers of this kind over here...

I'll get back to ya with some pics of it holding a rhoads if you want.

thanks again///micha
              It looks like he had to put a pad on the upper horn to keep it from hitting the wall. Or am I halucinating?

Edit: That's the strap. Nevermind. LOL

Comment

alright after a couple of hours of googling for these hangers I found out that NO shop is about to ship to me.
                been to string swing homepage, zzzounds, music123, musiciansfriend, guitarcenter, amazon, ebay and whatnut, but they either don't have it, or they don't ship internationally.
                someone got an idea whatelse I could try?

this product seems to be non existant anywhere in europe...
                really kind of weird. I doubt I'm the only one over here who digs them.

Comment

There is a guy who is selling some on ebay for like $13 a pop. Check under guitar hangers

Comment

Couldn't find them either... looked at thomann.de and amptown.de. But Amptown is based in Hamburg and I know they use these in their own guitar department... they have BC Riches and a Laiho LTD model on theirs, and they seem pretty solid.
                    I don't know why they don't sell them.
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                      thanks man!
                      actually I kind of liked the idea of the string swing beeing flexible with regard to its adjustment. I think you could hang a kelly there one day and on the other a rhoads.
                      but I think I'll get back to something like this if I can't get the string swing.

I'm in contact with a dealer in cologne right now who thinks he has got some of those. he told me they once ordered a couple for the musik-messe frankfurt back in 2004 and they were not meant to be sold actually, but he will have a look and get back to me tomorrow.
                      maybe thinks will work out this way.

but thanks for the link!! good to know I've got options here.

Comment

Working...
                      X