Way OT: New Dyson on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way OT: New Dyson on the way

I know this is a bit (okay, a lot) off-topic but I just ordered a new Dyson Dc-14. I've heard nothing but good things about these and they seem to have almost a "cult-like" following. I must admit--I'm a bit stoked to get this thing in and see how she does.

Anyone else have a Dyson?

Are we talking Vacuum cleaners here? I have one.

Comment

Looks like one Robocop would use

Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Wow... impressive looking. My dog sheds and that vacuum wouldn't last a month. lol I've gone through a number of vacuums. My current all-metal Royal commercial vacuum doesn't do anything really fancy, but it is very very powerful.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Holy shit!!!! They are like $500 and no Floyd. Does it "Transform"?
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I would like a review when you get it. I've been checking these out because I have to get a new vacuum pretty soon.

Comment

Boycott Oreck! They are closing their plant here in Long Beach, MS just as their 10-year tax exemption of $175,000 per year runs out. They say it costs too much to do business here post-Katrina. Bullshit! Same employees, I-10 still runs to their front door, they are lying pieces of shit!

Since it's a vacuum cleaner thread.....
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, at least, it isn't a $1,700 Kirby package.

Comment

Yeah, we've got one.
                  That bitch of a wife of mine stole it. Came new ina box and all. Great machine.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                    Looks like one Robocop would use

No kidding

Get me a couple of those and I can start building my Transformers costume
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And here is your new housekeeper.

Comment

I heard they really REALLY suck!
                        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Just wait until it sucks your piles. It will catch a loose thread and suck up your whole carpet.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

We have 5 large hunting dogs(english setters) long hair,ect. if anyone knows a vaccum that'll last more than 6 months,let me know,seems like we tryed them all even a kirby that cost more than my car!It died in a year.
                            www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

Yah, I'm talking about a vacuum We've got two dogs (choc. lab and english bulldog) and 3 cats. It's a tough job trying to keep after all the hair but on some of the other boards I frequent people are always talking about Dyson's and how well they perform. I'm figuring if it's good enough to get automotive enthusiasts (where I first heard of Dyson was hayabusa.org and supraforums.com) talking about vacuum cleaners then they must be pretty damn good.

I'll post a review when it comes in. BTW, through the end of the year Amazon.com has the DC14 (refurbished) for $299 w/ free shipping. There is a $25.00 discount coupon which makes it $275 shipped. Not a bad deal for a $500 vacuum.

**edit** Damn, wasn't aware of the Oreck fiasco. I'll be sure to tell my Mom about that one (she just bought an Oreck). Typical corporation for ya'
                              Last edited by Thrust; 12-29-2006, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X