No announcement yet.

Way OT: New Dyson on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Have one of those Dyson Animals(I believe thats the name, the purple one) Awesome vacuum. I was burning through a vacuum a year, and this bad boy has not even blinked after 1 1/2 years. It's picks up all sorts of crazy shit you wouldn't think it would. Plus it can almost be taken completely apart, so it's real easy to clean.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

how funny, i'm in the market for a new vac. i'm tired of buying a vac every year. my kids will vac over everything instead of picking it up. pencils, socks, straws, coins, etc... i think i would be better off with a shop vac for the house.
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

We've got the Dyson Animal as well. That thing is the best for sucking up all the dog hair from our lab and shepherd mix, and it has lasted well over a year with no problems. The things I don't like about the vacuum are the attachments. But I get by.

Comment

We have the dyson animal and it fookin rules! We were going thru vacuums every year and figured it was cheaper in the long run. We tested it first on a bedroom we vacuumed 3x with our old bagless and actually filled up the dyson with crud the other one didn't pick up. Oddly, my allergies have almost completely cleared up using it throughout the house. I heard of some others saying the same thing and thought it was b.s. but I agree- it really does make a big difference.
          What has 9 arms and 10 legs? Def Leppard

Comment

I'm ashamed to admit that I own a $2000 vacuum. (not)Funny thing is the company, Fairfax, disappeared waaaaay before I had it paid off. So I can't get any replacement filters or anything for it, plus the spinny-brush carpet-sweeper part broke. So now I basically have a $2000 shop vac. I may tell the sordid tale of it's purchase some day. LOL
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

You guys all suck. Now, the way I keep house I would need a "Hurricane" to clean it up. I had a dog that shed more hair than a sheared sheep. I used an old Bissell manual carpet sweeper and it worked very well. You guys are spending the same amount for a vacuum cleaner as a brand new guitar. I'm sure glad I'm not married.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Krisna View Post
                We have 5 large hunting dogs(english setters) long hair,ect. if anyone knows a vaccum that'll last more than 6 months,let me know,seems like we tryed them all even a kirby that cost more than my car!It died in a year.
                Yeah, I have a long haired flat coat retriever, and she sheds like crazy. The carpet is covered in a week's time. The only vacuum I haven't had to replace, and that includes various cyclone, standard and typical vacuums in the $150-$300 price range. Broke them all... most within a month or two.

The only one that hasn't failed me is my all-metal Royal commercial style vacuum. Very easy access to the roller and the band, and rather easy to clean the roller as well, which you will need to do often if you have a long haired dog...

It's very powerful, incredible suction/sweeping, but the attachments are a pain to use. It's basically JUST a really good vacuum, and not stair/wall/attachment friendly.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

we sold them when i worked at sam's club. i believe dyson vacs are guaranteed for life. they are built for the long haul, not your run of the mill vac.
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post

I guess we have been told that this thread is officially ended.

Now watch me and my "." go to work on lots of threads I feel should be done.
                      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-27-2008, 07:57 PM.
                        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                          I guess we have been told that this thread is officially ended.
                          No, that wasn't the case. I wrote something supposedly funny, but then censored myself after re-reading it. It was lame. I was tired and I tend to write lame stuff when tired. I'm tired now
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                            No, that wasn't the case. I wrote something supposedly funny, but then censored myself after re-reading it. It was lame. I was tired and I tend to write lame stuff when tired. I'm tired now

:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                            X