Custom picks arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom picks arrived!

Woo! Got 1000 2mm Dunlop Gator's with my logo on 'em today... only ordered them about three weeks ago, and they managed to arrive despite being in the UK and it being the Xmas period! Full respect to the Dunlop guys, sterling job!

After throwing all my regular picks into the audience whilst supporting Dragonforce last month, I figured it was about time I splashed out...

It's gonna take forever to use all these though - I'd better start throwing them at people in the street and stuff!!!!

Cheers,
    Steve.

those wouldn't last 3 Yngwie gigs

got pics of the design? It'd be cool to see 'em
    Hail yesterday

Comment

And they were all handmade. Why don't you use a hundred or so and plaster them on a guitar body? That could be cool.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Congrats!! Let's see them!

Here's mine..

Comment

My daughter took all my used guitar picks and made a jointed
          guitar-figure-man out of them and gave them to her
          bass player friend for Christmas.
          If you have any left over picks you can make
          a "house of guitar" picks out of them.

Comment

I will definitely post some pics up tomorrow (it's 2am here in Northern Ireland, and I've had a lot of beer )

They could only do the 2mm Gator's in black (I originally wanted the Delrin jobbies and they could do any colour at all, so I wanted half of them white on black, and half black on white) so it's basically "FIRELAND" on one side and the "phoenix" logo on the other.. check out my website for an idea of that that looks like - www.fireland.tv

I was gonna get my signature on there too, but the other guys in the band complained that they might want to use them too - and they couldn't possibly use them with my signature on, of course!

All I have to do now is sit back and wait for the UK Customs & Excise folk to slap their standard 33% cut on top of the price. Nice...

Still works out cheaper than buying 1000 regular picks though... bizarre!

Cheers,
            Steve.

Comment

Sorry for the crappy pic, but my photography skills aren't up to much...

Keep it simple, as they say!

Cheers,
              Steve.
              Last edited by SteveFireland; 12-31-2006, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Those are cool!!

Comment

Wow, cool band name and really cool design. I like it very much.

Comment

1000 picks?

I always used 2 or 3 per show, and at least 1 or 2 per rehersal... so you're looking at a little more than two years worth of picks, if that.

Cool though, always wanted custom picks...
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I can use the same pick for a month at home or rehearsals, but I somehow manage to throw out a handful at gigs these days... I'm still hoping they'll last me at least a year though!

Steve.

Comment

I'll take a couple!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Man, I can use 1 pick for ever. It must be the small strings I use or a lighter touch than I thought!! Jack.

Comment

haha last picks i bought were 6 jazz III's. and that was quite a while ago! granted i dont play any shows so im not throwing them out every night but still . are they able to do custom jazz III's?

Comment

Cool picks! I just use Fender heavies in either moto or read white & blue. But as fast as I go through them, you would think I was in a band tossing them to the crowd

Comment

Working...
                              X