X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freakin' Freeway Frustration

Long rant edited

Nobody move to SoCal please
    Last edited by RacerX; 12-30-2006, 02:20 AM.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

There are many things I miss about SoCal, but the freeway traffic jams are not one of them. Hang in there, Ron!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You can have it

I already did my 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Long rant edited

Nobody move to SoCal please
        How about just stay out of california. It's getting too busy up north also.

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

get a motorcycle. Thats what i did when i lived in SF.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I have one, a Hayabusa. This trip was to pick up my father in LA and bring him back to OC for a concert. I was late because of traffic, he left his place 10 minutes before I got there, and I got stuck in Monterey Park because of the stress & the traffic. I couldn't get back to OC in time for the concert myself (had to take all surface streets), so I was pretty upset that I did all that BS for nothing. A 4 hour fiasco that really left me drained....I went to a grocery store near my house and I was just sitting in the car with a 1000 yard stare...wondering if I was gonna run into "traffic" inside the store. That's the short version
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Left Wednesday to come out here to West Texas for New Years. Somewhere around Riverside at 6:30 a.m. we hit a spot of traffic where it took us 1 hour to go 3 miles, just because everyone felt the need to watch some dude change his tire on the side of the road.
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

but I bet the weather was nice. that sucked that you missed the concert. That happened to me and my wife a few years ago we missed Conway & Korman because of contruction.

Comment

How can the traffic be bad in Cali?

Everyone in Austin is from there. i figured the streets would be empty by now.

Traffic got so bad they built us toll roads....

I feel ya Ron, traffic blows, but that sounds INSANE!
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Don't worry Ron, I moved away from so-cal and won't move back, but I sure do miss it sometimes.

chuck
                    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Didn't spend to much time on the highways when I was stationed in San Diego for school for a month, but I don't remember it being nearly as bad as here. Hampton Roads Virginia is the hellhole of driving. When a carrier, or even worse, whole battle group pulls in from deployment, expect it to take an hour longer to get anywhere. That, and you need to go through a tunnel to get anywhere. A trip up to see some family 100 miles away took 6 hours, no shit. About 4 of that was to cover the 20 miles to get to and through the tunnel because it was shut down to one lane. Fun for all.
                      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Working...
                      X