5 year old killed by pit bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
    I have owned Rotts and Pitts..neither have ever been a problem. I raised them with nothing but a LOT of love and respect. Awesome animals. It's the people!

..exactly

I think the ones with these "problem" dogs should get put down with the dog..

Including my bro-in-law..I wouldn't miss him..nobody would..:ROTF:
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Be very careful if you own a Pitbull. Too many people have had to stand infront of a judge and explain that thier dog never bit anyone before meanwhile there is a crying family behind them that lost thier kid to some dog that never bit anyone before.

Comment

Pitbulls have been in our nations homes for over a hundred years in pretty close form to what they are these days and you never heard about them doing ill shit till the last 15 or so years. It took the scum ghetto boys of today to turn them into something horrid. Even the dogfighters (and that been around in big form since the 20s) didn't make them manbiters, in fact, those guys effectively eliminated manbiters from the gene pool by killing ones that bit humans...

When the pitties are taken, the scum will turn to Presa Canario, Cane Corso or other types of mastiffs... They will ruin whatever breed is available.

As I said, I've owned pitties for roughly 27 years. And my ancestors have as well. No issues with them biting humans. They have been what I'd call the ultimate human companion. I'd trust a sound pittie more than most any other dog actually. My pitties havebeen raised with many a child. No issues. Petey, the pittbull from the little rascals never killed any of them as I recall.

They aren't a dog for irresponsible dumbasses for sure. But that would also include most other large breeds, and pitbulls were never bred to be a manstopper, UNLIKE GSD, Mastiffs, Dobermans, Rotties etc etc...

But then again, how many dumbasses are allowed to purchase cars and guns. This was an all american, and noble breed ruined by idiots. And then other idiots generalize their behaviors into thinking they are soooo horrid and dangerous.

I've heard of many guitar players being drug addicts and robbing friends and family to get money for their drugs. Does this mean all of YOU are that way? I've heard of Guitar dealers being ripoffs, does that mean that all you dealers here are? Generalizations aren't always the best things to make.

Some dogs are just plain hard wired wrong from bad breeding or just deranged (like people can be) in the head, (and that isn't just pitties) and some good dogs are just plain ruined by idiots abusing them. That doesn't mean the whole breed should be maligned.

You guys of all people (metalheads OR guitarists) should understand you can't generalize something by media BS.

I know by experience.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
          Be very careful if you own a Pitbull. Too many people have had to stand infront of a judge and explain that thier dog never bit anyone before meanwhile there is a crying family behind them that lost thier kid to some dog that never bit anyone before.
          Anyone that has a large breed dog should have training to train such a dog - ideally you'd be able to enforce such a requirement. There are all sorts of dogs that can and will do you or others serious damage even though they seem well mannered and even tempered for years and years. They must be trained by someone that knows what the hell they are doing. I've seen it many times over the years and was the victim of such an attack as a child.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I got run over by a Sheepdog as a child. Blindsided me from behind and kept on going.

Another time I was pinned down by a German Shepherd while he ate my brand new ice cream cone.

Evil mutts
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
              ..you don't need to be aggressive to be dominant!

That only works with people..
              You want to try telling that to some of the Dominant Ladies I know, so softly spoken, but sooooo in charge!

Great post anyway Horns, perfect illustration of how the poor old dog gets the blame only because it hasn't been shown it's place in the pack. Being afraid of a dog doesn't help either, it confuses, frightens or encourages it to be aggressive.
              Treat a dog correctly, don't let it take the piss out of you and it will be as good as gold all it's life, and be there for you whether you need protection (no matter the size of the dog) , your feet warming in bed, or just "someone" for company and to talk to. Truly, man's best friend.

Points to make about this thread:
              1. Pit Bull Terriers have been outlawed in this country for over 10 years. If you had one, or a Bandog or any other bred specifically for fighting, it was taken and destroyed under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991. If it is correct that it was a PBT, then perhaps the owner wasn't quite the law-abiding citizen he may claim to be.

2. The dog is thought to have perhaps been disturbed by New Year Firework displays. At 4 am? What kind of tosser lets off fireworks at 4 am? Apart from November 5th, perhaps a few at midnight New Year, and organised displays, anyone who lets off fireworks needs a rocket ramming up their arse.
              (I bricked a neighbour's house one Summer's eve after he came home from the boozer and decided to let off some industrial fireworks, leaving my dog cowering under the table, terrified. In such a respectable area (this was at Mummy and Daddy's house), I think the bloke was a little surprised to see a brick-wielding hairy biker leaping over his fence threatening to kill him, his wife, and his guests if I heard one more firework before Guy Fawke's Night. He moved soon afterwards! And yes, I did feel guilty for going mental once I'd calmed down)

3. To the best of my knowldege, a Pit Bull hasn't killed, or attacked anyone for hundreds of years. A Pit Bull Terrier, on the other hand...........
              Sorry to be pedantic!
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

There are 1000 registered pits in the U.K.

There is a chance the uncle could be charged for the pit if it is not legal, they are investigating on the death of the little one.

I personally am a cat lover but even then i don't trust the cats i have owned and mine deeply scratched my leg last week when she was startled! ouch!

Dogs scare me and like the guy said you want to take a walk in the park and you can't because these people let their dogs loose, never mind it being scary for a kid, i'm scared too as dogs can smell cats on me and i have a fear of them since i was bit on the arm by a golden retreiver as a kid, i have carried on that fear into adulthood and still would not trust any dog.

Comment

"2. The dog is thought to have perhaps been disturbed by New Year Firework displays. At 4 am? What kind of tosser lets off fireworks at 4 am? Apart from November 5th, perhaps a few at midnight New Year, and organised displays, anyone who lets off fireworks needs a rocket ramming up their arse. "

It's time they banned fireworks too unless it is an organised display, i couldn't get any sleep after midnight new years day because of the idiots chucking them in the entrys just so the bang is louder! call me boring but it's time they went, and my cats think the same too, have you ever seen a cat jump a foot when it's been startled!!!!

Comment

Chihuahuas are the dog of the devil. I hate those mean, nastly little fuckers.
                    (sorry Pico)

Comment

If a chihuahua was the size of a pitbull, they'd rule the world. But they're small, and everyone thinks their insane behavior is sooo cute.

Haha.. For a 2 pound dog, Pico sure "thinks" he's king kong, he's hilarious... I've seen how he will menace the mailman... If a pitbull did what he does, they'd have the cops there. Oh wait, they already are! hehe...

It's funny, my neighbor have three yappy little evil dogs, and the mailman despises them. He walks by and tosses the mail in their yard and won't go in. Then walks into my yard, and if my dogs are out, he'll go all the way top the back of my house to stay and pet my pitbull and rottwieller through the fence for a bit and give them treats.

Comment

I love Rotts, I've never met a Rott I didn't like. I remember one that I used to take care of when her people were away, her name was Rosie and she was such a love!
                        I'm not that familiar with PitBulls but a buddy of mine bread them and they all played with their 6 year old daughter. Super nice dogs and he didn't fight them or encourage viciousness with them. The way they look made me a bit uneasy, but people will do that to me too. HAHAHA!

I dunno... I agree with what John has said about these dogs having a bad rap when the idiocy of their human keepers should be more closely investigated. And any person who does not have their dog on a good leash in public and trained to heel should have to face some sort of reprimand.

ANY animal can be provoked, even domestic ones. Every person who keeps animals should be very educated about their behavior traits and teach their children how to behave and respect animals.
                        And... why people think chihuahua yap-yap dogs are "cute" is beyond me, they are even more insane than cats are. Why do they shake so much? It's like they're constantly on speed. o_O

Okay I'm done. LOL!

Comment

The young couple next door to me have two pit bulls, each being about a year old. I hear them in the yard working with the dogs on training and behavior every day. When these folks moved in they came over and told us that they had these two dogs and that they would always be in the fenced yard or leashed/muzzled when going for a walk/run.

I though it was pretty responsible of these kids to take the time to do that and to ask if I had any concerns, given I have two children. I asked the guy every question I could think of and asked to meet his pits. He brought them both over for me and the kids to meet and we talked and played with the dogs for quite a while. Now...

the dogs got loose one night. The kids and I jumped out of the car and walked to the trunk to carry in the bags and there are the two pit bulls staring at us. I thought I was going to shit myself. I had asked the owner what to do if they ever got loose and he said, "relax and say hello to them by name."

I did just that and both leaped up into the trunk and looked in my grocery bags. They both "chuffed" at us, cocked their heads, gave the three of us a sniff and walked back home. I called their owner and told them they were on the loose and he apologized and promised to call me when he found out how they were able to do that. He did( there was a loose board in the fence, and all is good. That's my only pit bull experience and it was a positive one.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Em, I bet their adrenal glands are overdeveloped and cause the speed trip.

My late friend Clyde and his wife had a Chihuahua and she is sweet as can be to humans, but doesn't like other animals much. I had to club a German Shepherd once when I took the Chihuahua out to pee and she decided to confront the Shepherd! Good grief, if a 50-foot tall man comes around, I'm not calling him out! Anyway, the Shepherd luckily ran off so I didn't have to kill him. If he'd bit me though, I'd have been pissed at Gracie for starting the shit.

Certainly it's the humans training the dogs that are the problem, but it doesn't really matter once that specific dog is ruined, like Bill's experience with Harley.

Unfortunately, people avoid the responsibility by NOT choosing to put the dog down. Harley, I'm sure was great with Bill, but the second time he bit a human, he should have been put down. He can't be cured, and though it's not his fault, HE, THAT dog, is now a danger. It's no different than if he had rabies - that wouldn't be his fault either, but it doesn 't matter. He's a danger to animals and humans now.
                            Last edited by lerxstcat; 01-02-2007, 03:56 PM.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It seems odd to me that there is such a two-sided argument about a dog breed. That is unless there is a reason for it. And the reason is: A dog is an animal. People have been breeding dogs for centuries to get the right mix of traits that will best serve the dog's purpose. There are hunting dogs; fighting dogs;herding dogs; guard dogs; lap dogs or whatever. Now all these breeds are our "Pets". In every dog there is a button that can be pushed that turns your pet into an "Animal". To think that the dogs we own today are not just generations away from the "Purpose" dogs is dangerous. The nicest dog with the nicest owner will "snap" and go back to the instincts that make a dog a dog. And it is compounded by the breeding that was done to make a Pitbull never let go. Etc, etc, etc. And I love dogs.
                              Last edited by fett; 01-02-2007, 03:59 PM.
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                                The young couple next door to me have two pit bulls, each being about a year old. I hear them in the yard working with the dogs on training and behavior every day. When these folks moved in they came over and told us that they had these two dogs and that they would always be in the fenced yard or leashed/muzzled when going for a walk/run.

I though it was pretty responsible of these kids to take the time to do that and to ask if I had any concerns, given I have two children. I asked the guy every question I could think of and asked to meet his pits. He brought them both over for me and the kids to meet and we talked and played with the dogs for quite a while. Now...

the dogs got loose one night. The kids and I jumped out of the car and walked to the trunk to carry in the bags and there are the two pit bulls staring at us. I thought I was going to shit myself. I had asked the owner what to do if they ever got loose and he said, "relax and say hello to them by name."

I did just that and both leaped up into the trunk and looked in my grocery bags. They both "chuffed" at us, cocked their heads, gave the three of us a sniff and walked back home. I called their owner and told them they were on the loose and he apologized and promised to call me when he found out how they were able to do that. He did( there was a loose board in the fence, and all is good. That's my only pit bull experience and it was a positive one.
                                This reminds me of my loose Rottweiler experience! I was walking from my car to the newsstand when I hear a guy yelling, "Joe! JOE!!!!! I turn around and a HUGE Rottweiller is runniung at me full tilt from about 40 yards away!

I went to pull my Buck knife, figuring I'm gonna have to give up my left hand in order to cut his throat as he chews my hand off. Just as I have the knife out and he gets within 5 feet I realize that nubby tail is wagging and his tongue is lolling, he's in buddy mode, not attack mode!

Then I notice that his bastard owner is laughing his ass off realizing what I HAD thought, and then just realized the dog was a sweetheart! Scared the HELL out of me and I was pissed that dude thought it was funny - but that still beat the hell out of having to fend off a Rottie attack!

Of course he wouldn't have found it funny if I'd slit the dog's throat - probably would've had to stick him too! But since the3 DOG was innocent I let it slide...
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X