Happy Bday kmanick & budgolf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Can you go one thread without mentioning fuggin' Nevermore? Geez!
    No.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No
      I didn't mention Nevermore in my post?
      I'm slipping

Bill, I've seen some clips of the Arch Enemy DVD on Youtube, I am going to pick it up ,they're growing on me.
      (although this shit horrifies my wife )
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
        No
        I didn't mention Nevermore in my post?
        I'm slipping

Bill, I've seen some clips of the Arch Enemy DVD on Youtube, I am going to pick it up ,they're growing on me.
        (although this shit horrifies my wife )
        Nick,

My wife hated Arch Enemy with a passion. She always liked the guitars and music but not the vocals. My son really loves them mostly because of the drums. So to pacify him while riding in the car she would put on Arch Enemy..Then she liked one song, then two, then three..and that was it basically..

Now since she's is used to this style of music.. she thinks ANY clean vocals sounds 80's and dated..even if they are awesome...I didn't want that.

Now I have to "sell" her on clean vocal metal..and attempt to explain the progression between bands like Dokken, Ratt and Nevermore, Iced Earth..

So clean vocals are OK as long as it is powerful, heavy, aggressive and makes you headbang..everything else is just re-hashed 80's stuff that we listened to back in '84..and that makes her feel old..

She even hated Pantera and Testament approx 7 years ago..because of the "harsh" vocal style

Now those bands sound "light" to her..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
        X