New RUIN demo finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You KNOW I like it!!!!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Muhahahaha! Brutal indeed. I took a listen and it's great material, Anders! I really like Tainted Soul because there's good variation in there. Solid guitar work and it sounds like you keep the speed at a comfortable level, not trying to play faster than you guys can. Which is pretty damn fast already

I really like the mix, it's massive and fairly clear, but I would have put more edge (mids) on the guitars, to have slightly more attack and definition. More punch. But that's me. It sounds "pleasant" now, but maybe that's the sound you're going for? It's cool.

Do you have bass guitar in there? Of course you have. It's just not very "visible". I know it's damn tough to make room for a bass guitar in such a genre of music, but still, I'm missing a bit of "edge" on the low bass notes.

Sometimes removing 0 - 140hz from the guitars + vocals completely + putting on a slight mid-crunch on the bass makes it stand out more and adds to the overall attack and brutality of the whole mix. But again, that's just my personal mixing views. Don't take it the wrong way. I'm all for cleaning up in the low frequencies in metal-mixes, because it adds air and punch to the sound.
      I'm anal as usual, hehe... I enjoyed listening to your new material very much and it is VERY cool. Best of luck with it! You Swedes are masters at metal
      Last edited by jackson1; 01-07-2007, 06:13 AM.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Thank you very much Flo and Ron, I salute you! Hehe...

Henrik - Wow, thanks for taking time to do such an in-depth analysis!!! I agree with the things you point out. I especially would like some more definition to certain guitar riffs! I really appreciate to hear what everyone likes or dislikes, constructive criticism rules! Thanks for all the kind words!
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
          Do you have bass guitar in there? Of course you have. It's just not very "visible". I know it's damn tough to make room for a bass guitar in such a genre of music, but still, I'm missing a bit of "edge" on the low bass notes.
          That's one thing I think could improve greatly, is hearing the bass, like you would in Cryptopsy, Suffocation, etc... Actually hearing the bass is a good thing, usually, but I'm referring to label produced studio mixes which have a lot more time spent on them.

Overall it's a great mix, especially for a demo.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X