Being tall sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being tall sucks

It's hard enough living in your 5'8" world being 6'6". It's even worse when you live in a "Twilight Zone" trailer. And then Herman has a few beers and everything is in the way of his size 15 shoes. And why are most girls tall enough to just sniff my armpits? I'm only useful for changing lightbulbs. I am getting really depressed here. Even if I die, I have to have a CS coffin. And then I'll have to wait 16 months to get it.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
    Last edited by fett; 01-03-2007, 10:00 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

what i hate is sleeves. sleeves are always too short.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

weird, I have a different prob ..I wear a size 52 jacket and I'm 5'8"..so finding shirts that fits right is a bitch!

My pants for the last 17 years or so is 38W 32L..in Levis..those fit perfect..

I wear XL-XXL T-shirts but they're always too long..I have a shorter trunk and long legs for my frame..and no butt.

But my PP has girth..so that's good..but when I'm wearing only a T-shirt it looks like a pitching a tent..

..Oh..and I'm VERY hairy!!

No, you don't have to thank me for the visuals..

My shoe size is 11 wide or sometimes 12..depends on the boot..that's pretty big for 5'8"..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

my wife is 4"10" and 87lbs..pant size 00..

guess who's on top!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The trick to being as tall as I am is I buy stuff at thrifstores. Because of my size the stuff doesn't sell fast. I can get high-end dress shirts for $1. I just bought a Pendleton sportcoat for $9. If you have long arms; long legs, or big feet you will get killed retail if you can find your size. Granted, I have no life and I do this every day. But you would not believe the high end shit in clothes I can get..

Comment

Fett i know the feeling im 6'4'' and 250lbs. Clothes can be a bitch to find. either the arms are too short., or the tourso is too short. Pants dont fit right. It sucks. But i get what i can. And there is that whole laundry thing. I wash it it shrinks. Then i have to start all over again. lol
            Gil

Comment

I have a shitbox of very expensive clothes ( the poor saps) that cost me nothing. Maybe, it's a good thing to be out size.

Comment

How do you shrink a T-shirt..washing it in hot water..there is a few I tried to shrink and they just won't..

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  I have a shitbox of very expensive clothes ( the poor saps) that cost me nothing. Maybe, it's a good thing to be out size.
                  Hey man, can I have some? You can free up some room for more guitars plus my b-day is comin up.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    Now is the time to buy clothes..my mom used to work at JC Penny..and she always got 15% off, besides whatever sales they had..

The clearnace racks are numerous..I bought plenty of nice shirts that were originally 30-40 bucks for 2-3 bucks..I still have a lot of them with the tags still on them..

I only have one nice suite tho..I never wear "dress" clothes..just black Levi 505s and Metal T shirts, or plain black shirts..

I stocked piled on those "Dragonfly" dress shirts, and shirts like that some years ago..most of those I don't wear either..I do whenever I go out...which isn't often.
                    Last edited by horns666; 01-03-2007, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      How do you shrink a T-shirt..washing it in hot water..there is a few I tried to shrink and they just won't..
                      funny, i find most of my shrinkage in cold water?
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Actually i find my clothes shrink in the dryer as apposed to the washer. I wash it in cold but when i dont get to the dryer fast enough the stuff has a tendancey to shrink on me. Its like theheat from the dryer takes the elasticity out of the fabric and it shrniks.
                        Gil

Comment

All the clothes I buy have already done whatever they do. Kinda like buying guitars that have done their thing.

Comment

im a midget 5'7" although finding shirts is somewhat hard, but then again im a mexican and my people aren't very big
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Just because I'm almost a foot taller than you is no reason to look down on me. Just kidding. I always wanted to say that.

Comment

Working...
                              X