Please help me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me out

I'm not a religious man. But I just got word that my father may have suffered a TIA (mini stroke) while on vacation in Florida. He has had high blood pressure ever since I can remember and has not been in the best health for the past few years. My dad is my best friend and I'm not ready for anything to happen to him. I'm not ready to deal with this quite yet. But I only hope that this is the wake up call he has been needing. Please, whatever religion, faith, sect, whatever, you believe in, give my father the best thoughts you can come up with.
    His CT, brain scan and EKG all came back negative. And he is is getting an MRI tomorrow. Please, keep him in your prayers, or whatever you believe in.
    I can't really say anything else right now. I'm a little broken up. Please think of him. Thank you very much.

I so much hope all goes well man. Horribly scary stuff, I know.

My most positive thoughts and energy headed his way.

Utmost best of luck to all of you.

Comment

hey bro. Sorry for your bad news. you and your family are in my thoughts. Just remember, he can come out of this just fine. My husband had a major stroke 8 years ago, and today, you can't tell it. This can be OK..hang in there.

Comment

I'm very sorry, Travis. Your Dad & your whole family will be in my thoughts & prayers. Hoping for the best.

Comment

There is nothing worse that having a loved one stricken. It comes as a great shock. Settle down and let the docs do what they do. You know our thoughts are with you.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hey man, I'm very sorry to hear this..

It's hard coping with your loved ones go thru this stuff..

hopefully, he WILL pull thru this

Try and stay positive,..you KNOW I'm sending you my very best..

Please, keep us posted !!

Bill Z
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

really sorry to hear this, Trav. Hope this turns out right for you & your dad.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Be strong for your pop right now, and all is going to be well soon. I do believe that all the way.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

We're with you Travis and your Dad. Positive thoughts go out to him from here.

Comment

you got it T. best wishes bro.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Thank you all so very much. So far, dad is doing fine. He is getting his MRI as I type so I don't know anything new, yet.
                      He and my mom were just walking down the sidewalk in Florida and he started talking, not making any sense (Broca's aphasia). She took him to the hospital and his blood pressure was all over the place. It got as high as 180/107, so they put him through the battery of tests.
                      I appreciate very much all of the thoughts and prayers. Thank you again. I will post an update when I know more.

Comment

Hope the MRI turned out OK.

Best of luck.

- Eric
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Yikes. I hope he's doing better. Here's to his health and to your family.
                          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

You, your dad, and your family are in my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by 1trussell View Post
                              Thank you all so very much. So far, dad is doing fine. He is getting his MRI as I type so I don't know anything new, yet.
                              He and my mom were just walking down the sidewalk in Florida and he started talking, not making any sense (Broca's aphasia). She took him to the hospital and his blood pressure was all over the place. It got as high as 180/107, so they put him through the battery of tests.
                              I appreciate very much all of the thoughts and prayers. Thank you again. I will post an update when I know more.

Travis..yes, keep us posted man..He's going to be OK..I just know it..

Been thinking of you and your father..let's us know what the MRI report reveals..if anything.

Take Care Bro,

Bill Z
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X