My first album cover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first album cover!

I've recently painted an album cover for a swedish DM band. This is my first time doing that sort of work, but I'm hoping that more will come my way.

I had very limited time for doing the cover (about 3 weeks), and would have liked to put more details and contrast in there, but I had to pump it out as quickly as I could, so this is the result (I hope the pic works).

The band is called "My Own Grave", and have a myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/myowngraveyard. If you like classic DM, do check them out!

Nice pic - would look great on a Kelly

Just one thing - Rule #1 of a good logo - make sure people can read it
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

kinda like Tim Burton's animation/cartoon work
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That's really cool man. Does the water have a reflection of a church? With the actual church in "ruins"? Cool conceptualization. I wish I had artistic talent (or musical talent for that matter....lol).

Comment

oeh that's sweet, love the church reflection!
          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Newc, The harder it is to read the band logo, the better the band is... Geez... hehehe...

Nice, I do like the ruins and reflection concept. Very cool. Good work.

Comment

Great job!! And yeah, I've been thinking of having someone redesign our logo cause it's way to easy to read

Comment

What is it with these Scandanavian bands and their unreadable logos? Well as long as the Chef from the Muppets can read it then I guess that's all that matters.

By the way, I like the cover art.
                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Take the illegible band logo off and I love the pic.
                  My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Nice work, man.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

You shouldn't be able to read the band name if you can't understand the lyrics. Should be a rule. LOL

Awesome picture though. It's my wallpaper now!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
                        Awesome picture though. It's my wallpaper now!
                        Gah! People don't use 400x372 pixel pictures as wallpaper!

I like the picture very much. Very cool with the church reflection. You should have your name in there somewhere, JJ.
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I like it

Comment

It isn't about being able to read the logo, it's about recognizing it! Check out these examples:
                            NAGLFAR!

DIMMU BORGIR! [circa 1997]

MAYHEM! [k, so this one is a little legible]

But you get the point, SICK COVER!
                            DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
                              Newc, The harder it is to read the band logo, the better the band is... Geez... hehehe...
                              no no no, the more illegible and spiky sharp the logo, the more EVIL the band is.

this is Death Metal - who cares about whether they are actually any good as musicians?

by the way, Sunbane, great art! you did a nice job.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X