The Vmax is gone for good...pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vmax is gone for good...pics

I bought a new bike a couple months ago because I got tired of trying to keep my Vmax running properly. I loved it, but I guess it didn't love me. I took these pics the day the new owner was coming to pick it up.

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, yes, the new owner was made fully aware of the problems I was having with this bike.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Damn! I'm no bike entusiast, but those 2 are beautiful!
      DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Agh, I'm trying to decide whether to sell my Kawasaki ZX-6R. I haven't ridden it since it's MOT (yearly mandatory test) last year, but it was my life for a while - my social life revolved around it. Things changed, it's unused, so does it go, or do I get some work (expensive) done on it & ride it to work one day a week? I'll sort that out soon. That V-Max looks the business - a bike with real "cojones"! You may have had problems with it, but I bet it was a wrench getting rid of it......
        Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Keep your bike if you have it payed off and don't need the money. I don't ride mine nearly as much as I wish I did and always think of selling it espescially now that it is winter but man I wouldn't want it gone.
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

It's all payed off - it's the only motor vehicle I've ever bought new (my car is worth less than the glass I'm drinking my cheap beer from!) & I had to trade a bike, part with my savings & sell off some windfall shares to get it. I love it to bits - but it needs a running problem sorted, an indicator replaced, a full service & the MOT (again) - maybe some new tyres as it's been standing on the current pair for a year in the same position. Oh, and the immobiliser won't "unmobilise" (I took the bike battery out to avoid it flattening, but I think there's a battery in the immobiliser that's discharged instead). If it would just start properly, it's a keeper! Having said that, if I spend the £600+ it's bound to cost to get the problems sorted, I'll have to keep it!
            Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Very nice bike, Scott. I think you're happier with your Harley, though. I still bet it was tough to let her go.

I love my current bike (Honda CBR1000F), have had it for 11 years, and it has always treated me well. It is very much a part of me. Still, the thought of replacing her with something new does cross my mind now and then, but it would be really tough letting her go.

I hope you don't have any seller's remorse.

Enjoy the Harley. I am getting ready for the 2007 riding season (only 5 months away! Welcome to Minnesota winters!), and ordered some new riding boots today.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Damn, I want a Softtail.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hehe nice International in the background of the 2nd picture. Badass trucks, always had a good time driving them.
                  1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

You wont miss it....I bought this one in 1999 bone stock and did all of the customizing myself except for the paint....won a few bike shows with it before I sold it in 2003. Endless possibilities with a Harley and what you can do with it...I have to say I am not a Jap bike fan bit the V-Max does look like fun....probably a death machine though.. Good luck with the Night Train Scott

Comment

Hayabusa owns
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Loev to own one but I imagine id look like hamburger 25 minutes after i got it!

Hey watch this!
                        Haters gonna hate
                        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

The Vmax is gone for good...pics

> I hear ya man,FUCK a bike you have to work on constantly. Tommy D.
                          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
                          X