What Was Your First Song and Guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was Your First Song and Guitar?

Thought i would ask this, even if its probably been doen a million times before. Today I was looking at the receipt of my Squier Strat, being one year ago today I bought it and this came to my my mind: What was the first song you learned, and what where you playing it on? For me, it was "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith. I remember beign so pissed I couldn't play it up to speed, I just played itt all day until I got it. My guitar was my blue Squier Strat. So what abotu everyone else here?

My first guitar was my mother's Silvertone with the amp in the case. Bought from Sears. Can't remember the first song. Maybe "Take it Easy" by the Eagles? Out of a song book with the chord pictures.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

My first guitar was an old Fender Squier from the mid-90s, before they became a half decent guitar. The first song I learned was Bored by the Deftones.

Comment

first guitar: japanese Fender Squier Telecaster bought in 1984, back when the Squier was actually a Billy Squier model guitar, not the separate junk line it has evolved into over the years.

first song learned: Only You Can Rock Me by UFO/Michael Schenker
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Probably Smoke on the Water. Maybe Paranoid. My first guitar was some POS Aria strat copy. It was horrid - I can still smell the case. So bad that, for years, I absolutely couldn't stand the look of any blue guitar, because it reminded me of that one. It's only in the past few years - since getting my first chlorine PC1 - that I've been able to like blue guitars again. Like going through a horrible break-up, and not wanting to date again for 20 years.

Comment

Hey Joe on a 2 hum Ibanez Blazer that I still have (all the pieces of )

Comment

1st guitar - a red JB Player strat for my birthday. 1st song - something off Master of Puppets. I've still got that guitar damn-near 20 years later, although it hasn't been played in almost as long.

Comment

Squier strat, still play it a lot

First song.. probably smoke on the water
                "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

First guitar was a White on White Squier Strat.

First song; "Take Your Judgement" by The Faction. They were a skate band formed by the skater Steve Caballero back in the mid 80's
                  My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

[quote=skorb;846546]first guitar: japanese Fender Squier Telecaster bought in 1984, back when the Squier was actually a Billy Squier model guitar, not the separate junk line it has evolved into over the years.

Hmm. Is that where Fender came up with the name?

My first guitar was mini BC Rich Bich copy, bought for me by my Grandmother when I was 11. I don't think it even had a manufacturers logo on the headstock. My first full-sized guitar was an NJ Series Bich that my Dad bought me for Christmas when I was 14. I think my first song was "God of Thunder", but definitely something by Kiss, maybe "Detroit Rock City" or "Strutter" or something.

Comment

Sears Secial. Probably cost all of $40 brand new back in 84, but to a 14 year old, that thing was the greatest. Smoke On The Water.

Comment

my first song was a LP copy, my first song was Chicago 25 or 6 to 4.
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Sears acoustic.. I was 7 or 8. My sister who is 5 years senior learned who to play. She wouldn't teach me..said i "was too little"'
                          So I took the self teaching 45, the diagrams for the chords and taught myself, C, D, G, E. First song? Probably some camp thing. It was before Smoke on the water and Iron Man but they would have been likely candidates on the electric I bought at 13 with my hard earned paper delivery money. A Teisco with a Kay amp. I know I learned a bunch of others chords and a guy taught me barre chords and kiss songs.

Still have both guitars.

Comment

It was a crappy Ibanez and I believe it was Blink 182 - Damnit.

Comment

First guitar... Mom's acoustic.
                              First song... Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Hey I was 5, and the song rocked for me back then. :ROTF:
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X