No announcement yet.

What Was Your First Song and Guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first song I learned to play I learned on a friends guitar. My first guitar came much later. It was a pawn shop special "V" had a V body and a Les Paul style head...

The first song I learned was Crazy Train, which is what influenced me to want to play guitar in the first place.

The friends guitar I used was a Strat copy, a "Lotus".
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

[quote=circle of the tyrants;846587]
      Originally posted by skorb View Post
      first guitar: japanese Fender Squier Telecaster bought in 1984, back when the Squier was actually a Billy Squier model guitar, not the separate junk line it has evolved into over the years.

Hmm. Is that where Fender came up with the name?
      exactly.

it is funny how many people have no idea that is where the Squier name came from. I have one of the originals (well, I still have the body which now is a great axe with a custom neck and good quality parts).
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Aint talking about love by van FUCKIN halen...naturally on a squier strat...that quickly became an epi sg that quickly became a charvel that quickly became another charvel and......

Comment

My 1st guitar was my fathers 23 year old Washburn T-Bird Vibrato in Tobacco Sunburst..
          The 1st song I really learned was Get It On by Turbonegro
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

My first guitar, and still the one I play the most, is a '68 Holiday (Harmony) Jaguar-ish thing. Baseball bat-like (yet comfortable as hell) neck and three DeArmond gold foil pickups. I hated it until I bought other guitars and realized it was my "playing" that sucked not the guitar. Seriously, I played around with that thing for a loooong time before I caught on to the idea of making a chord - as in playing more than one string at a time. LOL

First riff? Smoke on the Water closely followed by Am I Evil. First complete song? ...damn attention span.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

the intro to Voodoo Child on a BC Rich Platinum ASM (used, of course!)

Good times...
              DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

first guitar... harmony electric guitar
                first song... still working on it...
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Epiphone Special and Breed by Nirvana...
                  If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

first guitar was my fathers horribly cheapo strat copy I got from the attic back in these days...
                    the trem was meant to be used only once per tuning, the three singles sounded like crap and I was getting the same notes on the e string for frets 17-20. but anyway it worked for me.

I kept on jaming to the vocal-lines of RHCP mainly, but the first song I ever really learned to play twice the same was stone cold from hammerfall once a friend showed me the allmighty powerchord.
                    still love playing that song once in a while... daaadada daaadada daaada daaaaaaa!!!

aaahhh.... memories...
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

My first guitar was a 1978 Fender Strat. My dad got it for me back in 1991, before people started freaking about 70's Strats. I signed up for lessons, but I taught myself to play Rock You Like a Hurricane by the Scorpions before I started.

Comment

i started on my friend B.C. rich beast( that thing sucked to play with it was impossible) first sing has to be either sweet child o mine or master of puppets that solos still kicks my ass though but not as bad as it used to
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

It was a decent strat copy, made by Profile with a light alder body. The first songs were: Cocaine, Sunshine of Your Love, Smoke on the Water and Terminal Preppy.

Comment

Mine was back in 1984, 6 months before my 14th birthday. A black Hondo acoustic, which was replaced in 6 months by this fucking beast:

Yes, another Hondo! The place I took lessons from was a Hondo dealer. I learned Barracuda on the acoustic and was pissed off I couldn't do the whammy dives. I almost broke the neck off bending the shit out of it trying to get something even remotely close. I still have this, my first electric. It's beat to shit. The neck's fucked. I'm keeping it forever though. Gonna mount it on the wall in my new music room/office.

Breakin The Law was probably the first song I ever learned in its entirety.
                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

First guitar was a 1979 (or 1977) Martin D-18.

First song was "twinkle, twinkle little star."

Comment

first acoustic EPI 12 string and i think funny enough something nirvana unplugged prob where did you sleep last night

And then a squire sunburst man i kinda miss it lol! THat would have been prob some weezer or some lame shit easy lol

god have i come a long way lol
                                Haters gonna hate
                                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X