• Show
Clear All

• 2 Boys Die, Mimicking Saddam Hanging

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2329468.shtml

Discuss.

again...TV...I hate TV
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Well, 2 less idiots in the world. That may be harsh but even as little kids my friends and I knew that would kill you.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

^^I agree on that too
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

This may be a little off topic, when I was in grade school (1959) a very nice lady showed me how to make a hangman's noose. She happened to be Jewish. I may have been in the experimental time of my life. Me and a friend did an autopsy on a pigeon. But, I really didn't think testing out the hanging concept crossed my mind. But what was fun is while I was in highschool I would tie all the blind's ropes in nooses.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: And the study hall lady, White Whale, never figured out who did it. Those were the days of innocent fun and pranks. I really miss that. I don't know what to say about the kids that died .
          Last edited by fett; 01-05-2007, 07:51 PM.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

We're raising a society of fucking idiots. Kids today are just plain stupid... That's all I'm gonna say on that.
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I'm a kid of today and I'm not even close to being stupid enough to do that.

Comment

Well, you better start thinking about how you are going to raise your kids. I'm done, and thank God. I thought it was tough raising my son from '83. I can not imagine what it is like now. That is unless I go over to the "House".:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

two morons less to worry about in the future.

while we're at it... hang the parents too, cos they did a lousy job raising said youths

they show that on TV, cos it's quality television. ever heard of viewer discretion? fucking crap.. do others have to preview and censor everything that might be harmful to anyone? what's the point in that? fucking sheep...
                  a child is a big responcibility. you need to actively raise your kid, not just stick him in front of the tv/computer, where he will live in a dream world, without rules, regulations, without actual real life interaction, laws, etc etc etc and then bitch and moan and sue tv stations/game companies, cos they did a shitty job raising your child.

i'd shoot them all in the head.
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

As a parent I would be devastated to come home and find my child dead. Idiot children or not, they were someones kids and today their parents grieve because they have, sadly, outlived their babies. I find nothing but sorrow in this situation.
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Sheesh. That's like when there were a couple idiot kids in my town who killed themselves after Kurt Cobain did the same thing. Kurt Cobain was apparently the center of the universe and they had nothing else to live for?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jimmy, you said it all. The trick is to teach the kids that TV and all the shit they see has "NO BEARING" on what they should grow up to be. It's bullshit and it's easy to point out if you take the time to point it out to them and let them grow up enough for them to figure it out for themselves. The problem is that a lot of parents don't have time for the kids. I may have not done a whole lot with my life. Wife died when my son was 5. Worked on and off . But, the one thing I did do was be there for my son. It's a very long story. The bottom line is I have proof positive that if you are there for the kid or kids, they are there for you. Where were these kids parents way before they did this?

Comment

I read a book called the "Tipping Point" years ago. Good book. It had a story about a small island where people didn't commit suicide. It just wasn't done, until 1 person did, then others did. It was if no one thought about it until someone put it in their head. I think there is something to that and that is one thing that disturbs me about showing this stuff on TV. Like it or not this stuff has an impact on people and kids are not always prepared to deal with it.

Comment

Fuck that noise. A parent has no other more important mission than to make sure that their children have the most fundamental teachings of respect for themselves and others. That being said: "Head for the Hills".

Comment

You know, when we had our first child we both made a promise to each other to always take the time to answer any questions our children asked us. From the completely insane, "daddy, do I jump like spiderman?", to the heavier, "dad, what does sex mean?" Often times it becomes difficult(playing guitar/reading/tv) to honor that promise but the bug in the back of my ear always reminds me of that old pledge. I like knowing that my children never get dismissed because I'm too into..anything.

fett is 100% on the money. Responsible parenting is all about being there, physically and emotionally for your kids. I'm sure we can all read as much as want want into this sad situation but the reality is, these kids parents never get to play with their child again. Just sad, man.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                              X