No announcement yet.

2 Boys Die, Mimicking Saddam Hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be an old fart but I did good by my son by sticking to the way I treat people with respect; understanding; sympathy and empathy. That is, unless I get a few too many toots and rant here. :ROTF: :ROTF:
    Last edited by fett; 01-05-2007, 09:24 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8boardbob2 View Post
      I'm a kid of today and I'm not even close to being stupid enough to do that.
      GOOD! I am VERY happy to hear that!

And Stinkbug: Wow... that is a crazy book, man. I haven't read it, but your description gave me goosebumps.

Comment

Dang! Isa jes bin wundrin iffn Wall-Mart ken taik them their crismis toyz bak. Jr. aint gunna be needin dem.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbug View Post
          I read a book called the "Tipping Point" years ago. Good book. It had a story about a small island where people didn't commit suicide. It just wasn't done, until 1 person did, then others did.
          Interesting. What methods were used?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
            Well, 2 less idiots in the world. That may be harsh but even as little kids my friends and I knew that would kill you.
            Agreed 100%, Natural Selection at work like it should be .

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
              We're raising a society of fucking idiots. Kids today are just plain stupid... That's all I'm gonna say on that.
              Jap!
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

It's the fault of the stupid kids.Plus the media.I mean it was an important event yes.But they overused it.They could just show it a few times and say "saddam is dead.go to your homes".That's what it should have been.

The kids were really really stupid to do that.But it doesn't change anything or reduce the pain of their parents.I wish they were smarter.
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                  It's the fault of the stupid kids.Plus the media.I mean it was an important event yes.But they overused it.They could just show it a few times and say "saddam is dead.go to your homes".That's what it should have been.
                  You don't mention the parents role in that statement. The media is not to blame. The media reported as it's supposed to. The parents didn't have the common fucking sense to not let the kids see it. Or to at least explain to the kids that hanging yourself would kill you.

I'm all for putting anything and everything on TV. I will decide what they get to see. I don't want shit censored just because fucking morons are allowed to have kids.
                  My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I'm all for putting anything and everything on TV. I will decide what they get to see. I don't want shit censored just because fucking morons are allowed to have kids.
                    this man speaks the truth
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

It's called Natural Selection. Sure the fact that two kids are now dead is horrible for the families involved, but life is not fair.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well, 2 less idiots in the world. That may be harsh but even as little kids my friends and I knew that would kill you.
                        me being a parent ..thats about the coldest thing anyone could say...how do think their parents feel right now?

Kids are kids and do stupid things, they are not idiots have some compassion
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Lack of Parental Supervision. This is basic as it gets. Kids do all kinds of things and these two were of age where this is very common to act out situations that are in the mainstream. But parents need to be around and involved.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            It's called Natural Selection. Sure the fact that two kids are now dead is horrible for the families involved, but life is not fair.

Reading this last night, I said the SAME EXACT thing to my buddy Mark here...

Comment

The kid in Houston was being babysat by his uncle, who told him Saddam was a very bad man but didn't specify that hanging kills you. Then again, I knew by age 6, watching Westerns, that hanging killed you. My dad never specifically told me that; he didn't have to.

The kid in Pakistan, his older sister helped him. Maybe they should be looking at her for killing her brother? Maybe she told him it was a game. Never underestimate sibling hatred in such a culture.

Either way, it's sad that those parents have lost their children, but the fact that 9 and 10-year-olds don't realize this could kill them... well that's not too smart.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                                Interesting. What methods were used?
                                I seem to remember the guy hung himself (I can check if you would like) and then the others followed his lead...ironic eh?

The book isn't about suicide it is about how change happens (what is the "tipping point" that causes change) and it uses real life examples. Another one that was interesting was about VD and the climate. In a nut shell in the warm months people go out and "socialize". So VD would spread accordingly. Then when winter came people stayed home more and thus VD would be kept in check. A warm or late winter either caused or could cause an epidemic of VD due to unabated "socializing" and spreading the disease. (Insert Anthrax as background music here...)

The book has lots of cases from many aspects of life...fashion, smoking, VD, crime... As I said it has been a few years since I read it so I could be a tad off on the case details.

Comment

Working...
                                X