X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
    Jap!

What does that mean?
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Jelly And Peanuts?
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Kids tend to be over-protected these days. How can they be expected to learn there are consequences for certain actions if everything is padded, saftey-edged, etc.? Look at playgrounds. When I was a kid (late 70s -early 80s), playgrounds were wood and metal structures over dirt or gravel. If you did something stupid, you got hurt and/or your parents busted your ass, you learned, and you didn't do it again. Now, parenting for many people consists of lawsuits against those who don't raise and protect their kids for them. Bravo to those of you who take the time to raise your kids, you're doing a great thing.
        In this case, regardless of the family's actions or inaction , it's a sad situation and they are suffering.
        Last edited by TreeFitty; 01-06-2007, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinkbug View Post
          Another one that was interesting was about VD and the climate. In a nut shell in the warm months people go out and "socialize". So VD would spread accordingly. Then when winter came people stayed home more and thus VD would be kept in check. A warm or late winter either caused or could cause an epidemic of VD due to unabated "socializing" and spreading the disease. (Insert Anthrax as background music here...)
          I'm moving to the Bahamas!

Comment

Originally posted by Argos View Post
            I'm moving to the Bahamas!
            Keep us posted on the date...we can start charting the spread of VD after you get there... :-)

Comment

Interesting posts here about natural selection and how people should raise their children. I cannot see what´s so funny about two dead children that weren´t fully capable of undestanding the concept of capital punishment. Maybe some of you guys should spend less time in front of the tv.

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
                What does that mean?
                I'd guess it's Slovenian for "Yep"...
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5074charvel View Post
                  Interesting posts here about natural selection and how people should raise their children. I cannot see what´s so funny about two dead children that weren´t fully capable of undestanding the concept of capital punishment. Maybe some of you guys should spend less time in front of the tv.
                  It's sad that this happened, sure, but children of 9 and 10 years' age should be old enough to have learned not to do this. They should know this on their own, but also their parents should have taught them this before now.

To just ignore that and only say to sympathize for the families, without saying that there was a problem of negligence on the parents' parts, is irresponsible. That's why something like this could well happen again - because no one wants to see the parents' responsibility for not teaching their kids basic survival information.

What, is someone actually going to try and sue a TV network for this? I don't know, but if that happened it would be ridiculous. Parents should be responsible for letting the kids see it, and for explaining to the kids, "You can't do this, you could kill yourself".
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You guys seem to be seriously lacking compassion. It's really not the kid's fault that they may or may not have had shitty parents. How would you like it if your little sister or cousin or whomever died from such a preventable and tragic accident and the only response you received was "good, one less idiot in the world"?

They were only young kids.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                      What, is someone actually going to try and sue a TV network for this? I don't know, but if that happened it would be ridiculous. Parents should be responsible for letting the kids see it, and for explaining to the kids, "You can't do this, you could kill yourself".
                      Exactly. Just like it was ridiculous when people have tried to sue Ozzy, Judas Priest, Slayer, whoever else, because kids have killed themselves apparently listening to their music. Or in Slayer's case, a bunch of teenage boys raped and killed a teenage girl because they claimed they needed to kill a virgin for satan because of their music. Each one of those cases was thrown out of court. If those kids at their age didn't know that what they were doing was wrong, fuck 'em.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's sad that this happened, sure, but children of 9 and 10 years' age should be old enough to have learned not to do this. They should know this on their own, but also their parents should have taught them this before now.
                        Well someone might teach his children, not to hang themselves. But than someone gets hanged, it´s in the media and all over the place and the basic opinion is, that it is positive, that it happened. What you have to do then is teach your kids the concept of capital punishment.

Do you have children?

Comment

There is no question that children are getting mega-doses of violence from the media. However, being born in 1950, I have seen my share of Westerns and war movies and horror movies as a kid. All the blood and guts was on the screen. It didn't even cross my little mind to think anything I saw had anything to do with my life or was applicable to my life experience dealing with people. And my parents didn't give me the time of day when I was growing up. There seems to be a lack of common sense with today's kids. I don't have an answer and that scares me.
                          Last edited by fett; 01-07-2007, 03:08 PM.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Darwinism in action. Hopefully others will learn something from this.
                            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                              Jap!
                              Originally posted by St.James View Post
                              What does that mean?
                              Originally posted by Norton View Post
                              Jelly And Peanuts?
                              I'd guess it's Slovenian for "Yep"...
                              Exactly .

Comment