2 Boys Die, Mimicking Saddam Hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5074charvel View Post
    Well someone might teach his children, not to hang themselves. But than someone gets hanged, it´s in the media and all over the place and the basic opinion is, that it is positive, that it happened. What you have to do then is teach your kids the concept of capital punishment.

Do you have children?
    I don't have children, but I have 2 nephews, 2 nieces, 5 great-nieces and a great-nephew, with another great-something on the way (we don't know what gender yet). To be honest I don't know what the ones of an age to react to this (7 and 8-1/2) think because they live in another city now. But again, my generation grew up on westerns and WWII dramas where a lot of hanging and shooting, respectively, went on. I don't recall anyone having to tell me for me to understand that I wouldn't want to hang myself or anyone else, or shoot them either. I think my parents understood that I understood, so they didn't say anything.

But IF your kids are not smart enough to figure that out for themselves, then the parents should tell them. If they didn't then it looks like the parents weren't that smart either. That is not society's fault, it's just a fact that not everybody is intelligent. I know it's not PC to say, but this incident proves it's true. Is there something wrong with recognizing a fact of life? It's tragic, but it's stupid, too.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
      Something like that ... Yep,Jap ...whatever
      See, in English, Jap is short for Japanese, and considered to be a racial slur. So he was checking to see if he could jump your ass for using a racial slur! That's our PC society nowadays, cruising around looking for outrage like Eddie's lawyers cruise Ebay looking for guitars that say EVH!:ROTF::ROTF:
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
        Something like that ... Yep,Jap ...whatever
        Thanks for the clarification... I'm not Japanese and I know damn well I'm not a Jewish American Princess.
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Yikes!!!! Be careful here.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            See, in English, Jap is short for Japanese, and considered to be a racial slur. So he was checking to see if he could jump your ass for using a racial slur! That's our PC society nowadays, cruising around looking for outrage like Eddie's lawyers cruise Ebay looking for guitars that say EVH!:ROTF::ROTF:
            Me? Jump someones ass for using a racial slur? I think not sir.

I was just wondering if that was a way to say go fuck yourself on his side of the pond is all.

Comment

How about a drunkin slur? Would that be OK, Ossifer?

Comment

Drunken slur is my second language.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  There is no question that children are getting mega-doses of violence from the media. However, being born in 1950, I have seen my share of Westerns and war movies and horror movies as a kid. All the blood and guts was on the screen. It didn't even cross my little mind to think anything I saw had anything to do with my life or was applicable to my life experience dealing with people. And my parents didn't give me the time of day when I was growing up. There seems to be a lack of common sense with today's kids. I don't have an answer and that scares me.
                  What if they already made the destinction between movies=fiction an news=reality? Are you sure you saw these movies at the age of nine? Can you tell kids ages from just seeing them? Did you do really stupid stuff that could have harmed you or others at that age?

Would someone comment on a deadly accident of a kid that was hit by a car in a similar way?
                  Last edited by 5074charvel; 01-08-2007, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5074charvel View Post
                    What if they already made the destinction between movies=fiction an news=reality? Are you sure you saw these movies at the age of nine? Can you tell kids ages from just seeing them? Did you do really stupid stuff that could have harmed you or others at that age?

Would someone comment on a deadly accident of a kid that was hit by a car in a similar way?
                    Yes, I saw those movies at the age of 9. But, I actually did a very stupid thing a little later on. Me and a friend talked a younger kid to bite an elephant ear plant. Her mouth stung. Short story: She lived, but her dad came up to our house and gave us "what for". Even I can be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                      [s]in[ce] 1950, I have seen my share of Westerns and war movies and horror movies as a kid. All the blood and guts was on the screen.
                      What movies were you watching? I don't think those movies got bloody until 1969. (Mid 60s for horror)
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X