Anybody read "Left Behind"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody read "Left Behind"?

I am not a religious guy, but this series of books is a great read. It's like a serial I used to see at the movies. "Rocket Man". If you want a taste of the Book and a fun read, this is it. I have 8 of 9 of them and I am up to book 4. Now, I must admit that I bought the first 6 in a set for $1.00 and 7 and 8 for a buck. So if you can find them on the cheap, it's well worth it.
    Last edited by fett; 01-05-2007, 08:31 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

My uncle gave me a big set and told me to read them. I got about one chapter in before I closed the first book forever. I just couldn't get into the religious context.

Comment

I read the whole series. I term myself a "recovering Catholic" and I don't know how I made it through. The last couple are PAINFUL.
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

You have to kind off wade through the biblical context. The whole series is an action packed saga of the second coming of "You Know Who". It really is a fun read. There are the 4 Horses; death and destruction; the Antichrist; the 144,000; the good guys; the suspense; and exiciting conclusion. What more could you ask for?:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: And for $2.00+, it's about 4,000 pages of "I don't have to think too hard" reading.
        Last edited by fett; 01-05-2007, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
          You have to kind off wade through the biblical context. The whole series is an action packed saga of the second coming of "You Know Who". It really is a fun read. There are the 4 Horses; death and destuction; the Antichrist; the 144,000; the good guys; the suspense; and exiciting conclusion. What more could you ask for?:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: And for $2.00+, it's about 4,000 pages of "I don't have to think too hard" reading.

Sounds perfect for BillZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Emthrax View Post
            Sounds perfect for BillZ.
            What is interesting is I take a non-religious read on this series because that's the way I am. However, for those who believe in this, I can see how it can be an easy read on what the new and old Bibles are trying to get across. I am not making a judgement one way or the other. It's just a great read.

Comment

Okay. I just found the first book again. I haven't given them a shot since I became a religious studies major, so maybe the series will be more interesting/tolerable now. I have a few days until my next Barnes & Noble online order shows up anyway.

Comment

Regardless of how you take the series, the story is way better than a soap opera. And if anyone breaks your balls you can say; " Be quiet!!!! I'm reading"

Comment

I've gone through some of the series and liked them.

Comment

All I can say is if what happens in this series happens , your pricey guitars ain't going to be worth squat when the "Time" comes.

Comment

nah then i can go steal one when every ones going nuts, then sell it to you for $125
                      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

According to the books, you are dead meat. A guitar is not the same thing as a harp.

Comment

Why would anyone want to release that christian / fear mongering trash?

Comment

Because it sold like 20,000,000 copies. What's not to like? Brother It's still a fun read.

Comment

Never read 'em, but I can't get that Simpsons episode "Left Below" out of my head.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X