Need some good advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
    A gas engine is pretty close to the end of it's life with over 100k miles on it.

Ehh? used to be somewhat true in the 70s and with US cars, haha...

I see NICE hondas all the time in the high 200k area on original motors. Just did transmissions on two hondas that were quite fine looking and had 250k and 278k on them. And yeah, they were paying to put a trans in them and expecting them to live a while...

Down south, it's hard to find cars that dont have a lot on them really. Miles go quick down there.

Comment

A gas engine is pretty close to the end of it's life with over 100k miles on it.
      WTF?

My 1997 Saturn is at 199,004 miles, and still going strong. I still get over 35MPG. At times I hit 38-39 - I think it depends on the brand of gas - some are good, some are bad. I watch my gas milage like a hawk
      a) for bragging reasons and
      b) to know when something is seriously F'd up with the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
        What's up Don. No, I'm originally from CT, definitely hear you on being pretty amped to leave this place. Navy Fed kinda gave me the runaround at first, but it all worked out today. Now I just gotta watch out for the crooks around here............
        CT, thats right, I remember you telling me. NFCU gave me the runaround when I went to buy my house. They sent me a statement saying the % of my mortgage would be higher than what is allowed. Unfortunately, they didn't know I had a weapon, my wife, who is financial wiz. She took their spreadsheet, revamp it and sent it back to them saying 'wrong', this is what the % is. From that day on, they apologized and treated me like I was their #1 customer.

All in all, they are the best (unless you hit a lottery somewhere):ROTF:

Good luck with the car hunting. Good advice here on a Honda. My daughter owns one and if she can't kill it, no one can.
        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Maybe on a US 4 cylinder Honda's and Toyotas are great cars. Can't really go wrong with one.

Comment

err i see it all being a mechanic..... find a nice clean car and take care of it, anything thing will last if you take care of it............. even a squire strat......
            i would stray from imports parts are kind of pricey, s10 sounds like a good idea
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Well, got the S-10 today. Tried a couple Hondas, wasn't impressed, and decided to go with the truck. A lot less miles on it. My mom's husband has the exact same truck, still going strong after many trips between VA and CT with 150k plus miles on it. I'm also saving 140 bucks a month on insurance now that I don't have a policy with the psycho bitch, which is great. Thanks for the tips guys. I'm driving off to the store to get some beer to celebrate. One step closer to freedom..........
              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by ApeDosMil View Post
                American cars are not what they use to be.

Actually, they're better than ever (reliability and mileage wise).

Comment

Working...
                X