going for my license today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VEGETATHEPUPPET View Post
    In Poland to hget a drivers licence . you have to be 18 , and the cost is ..

700 USD + a hard test... is you fail.. you have to pay 50USD for evry time you want to retry the test.. as i remember
    im glad i dont live in poland then

Comment

When I moved to FL from CA in 90 I let my CA license expire so I had to take a driving test as well as a written, aced the written, It started raining like a cow pissin on a rock when the DMV guy and I went out for the driving test, He just made me drive him to the Post office 2 blocks away so he could get some stamps and passed me when we got back :ROTF:
      Last edited by FusionFarmer; 01-08-2007, 02:23 PM.
      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

It took me three times to pass, and I just squeaked by! Got in a shouting match with the instructor on one attempt, who failed me for "driving in the parking lane" even though there were no markings except the center line. He went on to explain (in a very obnoxious manner) that every street in the city was wide enough for a car parked on each side while two cars could pass each other. I, in turn, explained that I had lived in that same city for twelve years, and that my street was not that wide...thus I had no reason to expect a so-called parking lane.

Oh, he failed me. He failed me with enthusiasm!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
          It took me three times to pass, and I just squeaked by! Got in a shouting match with the instructor on one attempt, who failed me for "driving in the parking lane" even though there were no markings except the center line. He went on to explain (in a very obnoxious manner) that every street in the city was wide enough for a car parked on each side while two cars could pass each other. I, in turn, explained that I had lived in that same city for twelve years, and that my street was not that wide...thus I had no reason to expect a so-called parking lane.

Oh, he failed me. He failed me with enthusiasm!
          +1 for basically telling him to go fug himself

Comment

I failed the first time....Called the lady a Cun#...took the test again 3 weeks later and guess who was my instructor?? No fucking lie was like a seinfeld episode but i passed, I think she was afraid id make her walk lol.
            Haters gonna hate
            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Ha, I failed the first 2 road tests. 1st one I pulled up in my 67 camaro, instructor looked at it weird and failed me for delayed braking. riiiiiight. Next time same car, different instructor, same dirty look, fails me for poor steering control. riiiight. So, on the 3rd time I showed up in dads powder blue 75 malibu classic and I passed no problem. No dirty looks, or bullshit excuses to fail me. Should have taken that car the first time.

Comment

Long time since i did my driving test, quite expensive in U.K but they brought in the theory test and i think you are only allowed to fail 3 questions out of 35? would love to do the test now to see if i would pass.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                  The only thing funny about my road test was the car I took it on. A 1974 Country Squire wagon that was about as long as a boat. I loved that car.

Very similar to this, even same colrs.
                  Shit that was my first car...hand me down family car. My buddies and I called it mobile kegger because in the very back it had two folding seats that would fold down flat..we'd open it up, stick a keg o beer and ice in there and just have the tap sticking out :ROTF:
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have been driving for 40 years. Get the fuck out of my way. I only have one eye and my heart could stop at any time.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                      Shit that was my first car...hand me down family car. My buddies and I called it mobile kegger because in the very back it had two folding seats that would fold down flat..we'd open it up, stick a keg o beer and ice in there and just have the tap sticking out :ROTF:
                      i thought i was the only one that took the test in a station wagon!!!! the Parallel Parking was hell!
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I had a Chrysler Town and Country Wagon that was the "Tuna Boat" of big cars. 454? The seats would power down to let me "Low Ride", and I'm 6'6" tall. I loved that tank.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Took my driving test in Missouri on my Grandma's Pontiac Safari station wagon. I looked so cool. :ROTF:
                          Passed both the written and driving parts on the first try.
                          When I came back to AZ I had to get my CDL to drive a delivery truck... only had to take the written part... that was a tough one, but I managed to pass it.
                          -Rick

Comment

Wow... its expensive to get your license in Europe. I think it cost $25 to take the test at the DMV. The classes and road test were given through school, and I don't think it cost my family anything.

Congrats on passing your test!

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                              i thought i was the only one that took the test in a station wagon!!!! the Parallel Parking was hell!
                              i dont think parallel parking is part of the test anymore. i didnt have to do it and i didnt see anyone else doing it either...i fear parallel parking will soon become a lost art

Comment

funny story: dude in my class took the test, he came to a red light and just stopped and waited.. while he was waiting for it to turning green he took both his hands of the wheel and started tapping and his laps.. failed

and you know what sucks.. i failed too everything was perfect.. we to the end .. told me to backward park and i screwd it up
                                If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X