Another Computer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Computer Question

Since I listen to most of my music from my computer, can I get my computer speakers to give the same quality and volume of a good stereo? I know I can get upgraded speakers but do I need to do anything to power upgraded speakers? I want these things to kick! So what do I need to accomplish this?
    Last edited by MikeStrat; 01-13-2007, 03:04 PM.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

I will say no... Unless you go for something like M-Audio reference speakers. What I would suggest, if you have a nice stereo setup and you wish to stream to it instead, Consider something like a xbox360, roku or other network devices that can link up a shared network connection to your stereo through a Television interface. It sounds badass and it is a nice visual interface. You could also go and get something like...

Apple TV 4K. Our best audio and video quality. Dolby Vision, HDR10+, and Dolby Atmos. Works seamlessly with Apple devices, services, and smart home.

I haven't seen it but, it looks very nice. Usually, apple delivers. But, it definately isn't as feature rich as a 360/windows media center.

-Nate

BTW, morning coffee made me want to post... sorry if it is off base =)
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

There are tons of PC speakers that will give you good home stereo sound. If you don't want to buy new speakers, a 1/8" stereo to dual RCA cable to the aux input of your stereo works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
        There are tons of PC speakers that will give you good home stereo sound. If you don't want to buy new speakers, a 1/8" stereo to dual RCA cable to the aux input of your stereo works fine.
        +1
        You can get full THX certified gear for your PC.
        Will shake the paint off the walls.
        -Rick

Comment

Behringer makes some decent cheap PC speakers.

I have these for now (until I get me some real monitors), and they sound decent to my ears. Nice and loud too.
          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

..a lot of the better sound cards on the market feature a digital audio connection as well...

So you could hook up to a real surround sound home theater system.

but there is also pc stereo packages out there that are almost on par... and I've even seen some 7.1 systems...

Comment

Working...
            X