i'm in the hdtv game now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm in the hdtv game now...

out shopping at sam's and found this....

Welcome to Samsung IN. Discover a wide range of home electronics with cutting-edge technology including TVs, smartphones, tablets, home appliances & more!

all i can say is never really noticed the differance before... but $h!t
    it's amazing... the first dvd played on it "Alice in Chains unplugged"
    this thing kicks a$$.

i'm on a mission to get one in every room.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Yeah man! Congrats there. HDTV is amazing...wait till you see a true HD broadcast. I actually bought an antenna and am getting HD signals right from the air for FREE!! Watching the PATS game today in HD through the antenna.

Comment

yeah..I only have one 55 Sony HDTV set...once you go HD its hard to look at anything else. Also...the free over the air HD signals blow away anything on DirecTV or DISH.

Whtch, hockey of football in HD and you have a hard time watching standard def
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic View Post
        the first dvd played on it "Alice in Chains unplugged"
        I got a 50" plasma in the front. I saved the Dream Theater concert broadcast in HD. That looks amazing. DVD's look slightly better in 480p but, damn....

I am going to be investing in a HD-DVD player pretty soon. HD-DVD is going to have Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Matrix series Blueray seems to not be doing so well even though they are advertising the shit out of em. HD-DVD is also backwards compatible with DVD (HD-DVD on one side of the disk, DVD on the other). Plus HD-DVD's and players are more reasonably priced.

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

ok tell me about free hd signals
          i'm guessing local network signals... would that be right?
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

yeah, local over the air feeds so you'll need an antenna. You'll also get the local digital feeds along with their ancillary channels
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

some stations have multiple hd chanells and programing. We have one station in phoenix that has 5 differant HD chanells beside thier analog chanell. We got a Mitsubushi 42" plasma and I purchased a HD antennae and was stunned when I first turned on the tv and saw all the extra stations. Needless to say I'm spoiled and have a hard time watching analog anymore. I love 1081i it's like looking through a window it's so clear and life like.

Comment

I will be watching my SD Chargers end the Patriots season today on my 48" 1080i HD. The wife and kids will be gone all day. It will just be me and my Charvels (for use during commercials).

Comment

Now wait until you see a 1080p broadcast.
                  That's the shit.
                  Only a handful of stations in major markets are broadcasting 1080p right now. Non here in Phx yet. All of them are 1080i.
                  -Rick

Comment

Nothing like watching really crappy local programming with a stellar picture...

Somehow, I'm envisioning infomercials and Jerry Springer in High Definition, hehe...

Comment

HD is amazing. 1080P with Bluray or HD DVD is so sweet.
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

HD is sweet, but I won't get one till they make thier minds up on what resolution and format they are gonna use. For now, my 50" standard resolution TV is just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
                          HD is sweet, but I won't get one till they make thier minds up on what resolution and format they are gonna use. For now, my 50" standard resolution TV is just fine.

I was that way but pricing is cheap enough. Nothing will ever be a standard they will push and push keeping sales at a constant.
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                            I will be watching my SD Chargers end the Patriots season today on my 48" 1080i HD.
                            Oops. Maybe next year then.
                            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

this is what i want

Our Mirror Televisions are Full HD with built-in Freeview tuners.
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                              X