Contestant dies drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contestant dies drinking

water. This is just sad. This, "I dare", shit has to stop. http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centr...n/16466174.htm
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I saw that last night on the news.
    Pretty sad.
    -Rick

Comment

i have never heard of that before. you would think with the way beer is consumed this would be more common, but water?
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

It's the general, "How much will you do. And what will you do?", scene. All these shows about how many fire ants can you eat just sickens me.

Comment

I heard this on the radio this morning. Never heard of anyone dying from drinking too much water.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's a little snippet I found: All things in moderation, I guess.

It's Not How Much You Drink, It's How Fast You Drink It!

The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications. The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition.

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm

Comment

I'm still cool. Because I have real big kidneys in my Viking god-like body.

Comment

This thread is making me thirsty..........
                "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

In the mid 90's when rave culture and MDMA were the rage, a few kids felt so thirsty and dehydrated that they drank themselves to death, 'internal drowning', in the UK.

Comment

we stopped running infants here years ago, so I think I'll be fine...
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      :ROTF:
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, that's just it, they said they had a time limit in which to drink the water. Obviously if you drink too much too soon you get water intoxication.

There'd definitely be one less radio station in the world once I got done with them, and those DJs wouldn't be able to get a job as DJs ever again.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's because they are the same dumb-fuks that sponsor all this bullshit. I'm sorry for both the people that stage this stuff and the people that particpate. They are just ignorant media wannabes. I hate TV. Or in this case the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                            It's the general, "How much will you do. And what will you do?", scene. All these shows about how many fire ants can you eat just sickens me.

How much guitars,can you buy?
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              Ah yes, the old annual "Running of the Infants." Never really caught on like Spain's version, eh?
                              |My CSG gallery|
                              (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Working...
                              X