Lancaster Guitar Center...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancaster Guitar Center...

Sucks Sorry if you work there or know someone that does. Nubmer one, its small, and has hardly any room. Next, NO JACKSONS. Then they don't seem to care the people there turn the amps up and all they're making is noise. not only that, but I noticed a lack fo guitars much over $600 and Marshall amps...

How does it compare to the one in Harrisburg?
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
      How does it compare to the one in Harrisburg?
      They roughly have half as many guitars and amps. They have no used gear here either. Also the one in Harrisburg is nicely laid out, unlike this one. I'd just as soon go to Harrisburg to be honest.

Comment

Hmm... This will be of no use to about 99.9% of people, but the Daddy's Junky Music in Waterbury sucks worse. I just got back and they didn't even carry non-Fender or Ibanez picks. I don't know if that's a policy among all of the stores in that chain or what. I don't recall seeing any non-import guitars eithers.
        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Daddy's used to have their stuff online so you could browse the list and see what they had, but then they changed it to "this is only for our stores to use for walk-in customers, you can't call and order one from the store".

Ah well, I guess it was a good place back in the day.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Daddy's used to have their stuff online so you could browse the list and see what they had, but then they changed it to "this is only for our stores to use for walk-in customers, you can't call and order one from the store".

Ah well, I guess it was a good place back in the day.
            Yeah right, they were friggen HUGE back in the day...
            Remember when they had those mail out catalogs with tons of gear?
            I still have a few up on the shelf....
            What a trip!!

Comment

Hey--any other good stores in the Harrisburg area? I'm been to the Guitar Center a few times but always been less than impressed. In fact, I was there last week (picked up my new VHT...they gave me a KILLER deal) and I only saw two Jacksons (a dk2 and dk2m). Also, they don't really carry any nice Ibanez or ESP. Lots of Gibsons, a few PRS', and an ungodly amount of Fenders.

I was hoping to see something cool on the used wall.....but nothing there either (short of a nice USA Dean Hardtail).

Comment

Go to Lemonye, which is right by Harrisburg. There are like 3 shops on the main drag. You can't miss 'em. all nice places. I know Triple R guitar is one, I think theres a musicians pawn & trade too.

Comment

LOL! I thought you meant Lancaster, CA. I just went to the one in Hollywood. Weak. West LA Music had better stuff.

Comment

I thought should bump this to update it:

They have the following Jacksons in stock

JS Rhoads (Black)
                    RR3 Rhoads (Black)
                    DK2m (Black)
                    DKMG (Flamed Red)
                    DXMG (Black)

The guy who helped me was really nice. Also they have Marshalls in now!

Comment

I'll bump this again (since I missed it the first time around). They are slowly getting better as far as stock goes, but the guitar wall is still like 75% Fenders. Oddly, there were very few Ibanezes there last week. Just a few RG series and some S series. Maybe 6 total. They had three DK2Ms (white, black, red) some soloists, and a couple Rhoads. It was first time playing a DK2M and I liked it a lot. Very similar in feel to the Predator I have currently.

On a humorous note, when my friend and I came in there was a high school aged kid playing something really horrible on the guitar through a Line6 Spider. I plugged in to the B52 and started playing some Symphony X (specifically the opening to Sea of Lies) and the kid stopped playing, got up, and left the store.

The amp selection is getting better too. Marshalls of all sorts, Peaveys, Line6, Vox, Fender, and Crate.

The Harrisburg store is still a bit better, simply because of their large used guitar section, but when I go up to Harrisburg I jump across the river to Lemoyne and check out Triple R Guitar and BCR Music & Sound. There's another store up there too, but they are more of a piano/school type store ala Menchey's. Triple R is a Mesa dealer, and BCR is a Schecter dealer.

There's also a nice store down in Hanover called Link's Music. They have a very nice used amp/guitar section. That's where I found the Charvel a few years back.

Who knew there were so many Central Pennsylvanians on this board? We should totally get together and jam.
                      Last edited by Spivonious; 04-16-2007, 08:47 AM.
                      Scott

Comment

I visited a friend in the New Haven area recently. Holy crap, do they have a ton of good stores in that town. One Flight Up and G-Guitars. I'm not in the market for guitars right now but I had a GAS panic attack.

i know my next guitar, at some point in the future, is going to be a Suhr Classic T, but I almost died in those stores.

Comment

What I like about Lancaster Guitar Center is the people were nice. I've dealt with their head their Guitar department everytime I've been there, and hes a really friendly guy.

Last time I was there though they had a fair amount of Ibanez. I like their amp selection now that they seem to have gotten every thing in, as well as the number of Jacksons they have. The reason I don't like the Harrisburg Guitar Center is when they tried to scam me on Epiphone Joe Perry LP. 2nd put in the headstock by another dealer my ass.

and yeah, there are a lot of guitar stores in PA. Mostly good, though I will NEVER buy from Roseville Music. You couldn't pay me to deal with them. Lots of Jackson dealers too. GC, Lifesong, Drums Etc., and Manor Music tend to have a few in as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X