No announcement yet.

The Patriots Rock!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But that's what makes the game. Right there. Right now. I agree that we can watch all the fancy graphics about strike zones and replays on TV. But when you are there in the park, it's the way "You" see it. And the way "They" see it. And that is what makes being there live so exciting. Just play the game and lose all the electronics. I don't even like all those clowns in the stratosphere whether it is football or NASCAR.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• well, you'd feel differently if you were betting the over yesterday and they said he wouldn't have landed in bounds, you'd be infuriated-lol
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• See. That's what I mean. Just let them make the "Call" on the field. And that's that. If it doesn't go your way, that's life. A bet is a bet. And the "Call" should be the end of discussion.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
          do you guys think he would have come down in bounds when the pats took the lead 28-21? just curious. Yes he was knocked out of bounds but I think that was a tough call looking what kind of position he was in at the height of the reception. I thought he would have had a tough time getting both in, but the refs saw it the other way. By the way, I didn't care who won, I am a lowly jet fan who will never leave his team.
          That is a weird rule IMO even though it worked in our favor its a strange one. He was very close to stepping outta bounds even before he touched the ball. Not sure he would have stayed in bounds but he did seem pretty aware of the white line as he had his heels in the air while the tip of his toes were in bounds.

Comment

• tough call, i agree. lots of people sweatin' missiles during it. I just hate when the refs suck, and they do quite often, more than we see, as they bet the over yesterday as well-lol

Comment

• Hard to say. He needed to get another foot in. He jumped straight up freakishly and somehow managed to get one foot in. That was a good call.

I'm not going to bash the refs. All I ask is for them to be consistent. That's why I hated the non-PI-call on Caldwell in the endzone. They called one on Hobbs, but they didn't maintain consistency. That would have tied the game for the Patriots.

Comment

• Great game...I just wished the Patriots showed up to play the second half of it?

Comment

• my only thought on the no interference call on Caldwell was due to the ball being still catchable as it did hit at least one of his hands, but then again, that no call was just another example of the decline or inconsistentcy of how they call a game. The zebras blow.

Comment

• Well I just saw this thread and am not going to even bother reading the first 5 pages because I just want to say "Fuck the Patriots!" I'm glad they lost. They should have never made it to the first Super Bowl they went to w/Brady because he fumbled the football, Raiders recovered, end of game. Tuck rule my ass! Although I think it's funny that that ref has not done a game in Oakland since that incident.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

• In case you did not notice, they went back to the Super Bowl and won a few more, which legitmizes everything they accomplished. Raiders fans are funny.

You do not see Patriot fans complaining about the bogus Ben Dreith call which lead to the Raiders super bowl victory in 1976. The Patriots won that game and it was completely stolen.

Comment

• And I'm not taking anything away from their other 2 SB victories, my point is they shouldn't have been in the first one.

I don't know about that game in '76, I was born in '71. But that was over 30 years ago, so maybe it will take that long for Raiders fans to forget the "snow job" that happened up there.
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

• Well the Raiders got their second chance, they were ripping up the league the next season until the big dance and then they choked so hard I almost, I repeat, almost, felt bad for them. Then I remebered all the whining in the offseason and I smartened up.

Comment

• The raiders didn't choke, they didn't prepare for the game. Gruden knew their whole sytem and had his players basically keyed in on every play before the ball was snapped. The raiders didn't even practice for the game as far as I remember. Their coach blew it more than the team if you ask me. He threw nothing new at the Bucs, and they haven;t recovered since.

Comment

Working...
                            X