Metal; Heart of the Beast (Game Idea)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal; Heart of the Beast (Game Idea)

(Note: Skip 4 Paragraphs if you don't want to read backstory)

Well... I don't post here alot, so most of you probally don't know too much about me. But I'm a programmer by trade, and a musician by nature.

I was sitting down with my guitar, just jamming, watching the Wacken 2004 DVD and talking to another programmer I know. I was trying to come up with ideas for a game or any other application for this contest I'm entering.
    So the two of us put our heads together, and of course I can't think of anything but the music that's on / I'm playing. Which follows with the comment: "Fuck man, I'll never be able to think of any good ideas, everything I think about comes back to guitar or music! haha"

So, we finish our conversation and I start watching Jeff Loomis completly own the fuck out of the crowd with his solos. Which got me to thinking: "Jeff Loomis kicks ass... wouldn't it be cool if he was kicking someone elses... oh my god, a game idea!"

So, I grabbed a notepad and started writing ideas. But there is always room for improvement.

This is why I'm posting here!
    Here is the gest of the game:

You're a struggling metal musician trying to make it big, in a city where everyone is listening to *insert pop act*. Your on your way to your band's first gig when you get jumped by emo kids throwing their razors at you. Having no other defence you use your instraments to fight.

Charactor Attacks: (They'll level up their skill after stages)
    Guitarist: Strumming, Power Chords, Melody Lines, Pinch Harmonics, Shredding, Sweaping
    Bassist: One Finger Rhythem, Two finger, Tripplets, Poping, Slapping, Tremelo, Tapping, Pinch Harmonics.
    Vocalist: (Not 100% sure)
    Drummer: Skank Beat, Blast Beat, Rudiments... not sure yet either.

But yeah, we're still in the planning process, but we should have a playable demo done by Febuary 3rd.

Just looking for more senerios, comments on if you would play something like this, general ideas, etc.

Thanks!

PS: If there is anyone here who can do cartoonish graphics, I will kill for your help!

I would play it!
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Sounds interesting, but it would need some sort of Roland GK pickup/MIDI interface.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Sounds interesting, but it would need some sort of Roland GK pickup/MIDI interface.
        Haha, the controller is in fact a series of foot controllers!
        That'd be too hard to do in two weeks though!

This did give me an idea... although it wouldn't be implimented until after there is a working demo... but the game could just be centered around the guitarist only (making it easier to code) and he could unlock effects as well as skills.

Use delay to do the same move over and over again for multipule hits! :P

What about drinking beer to regain health? Haha.

Comment

Working...
        X