No announcement yet.

Glock or Beretta...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First round in a shotgun should always be bird shot or something with very low penetrating ability. Something that will be the least likely to penetrate the interior walls in an average home. Don't want to shoot through a wall and tag junior by mistake. Plus it will be easier to patch later.
    That's the warning shot.

After that, fractured hollow point slugs. In like a quarter, out like a dinner plate.
    If the first round didn't convince the SOB to split, he's leaving in a bag.
    -Rick

Comment

Went from a clock 9mm to a Beretta 92f and ended up with my Sig 40 cal-All of them are great but to me the Sig is the one

Comment

I have a safe full of Beretta handguns and just now got home with a brand new M9.

Most of the guys I shoot with carries a Glock, but I've also seen a lot of articles about the dangers of Glocks and have personally seen a Glock explode in a guys hands.

I was considering a Glock until I actually saw one blow up. I shot one in one of the classes I took, a Glock 17, and it was pretty nice, BUT, Know all that I have read and seen I wouldn't buy one.

Berettas are very nice guns. I have 2 PX4's, a 96 Brigadier INOX, A 96FS, 92FS compact type M INOX, 90TWO and the new M9 I just bought today.

The M9 is the same Beretta used by the military. Same as the 92FS in most respects. Nice gun!

If you are wanting a gun for around the house I would suggest the Beretta PX4. Very nice accurate gun. I carry the PX4 in .40cal and use a 9mm to shoot IDPA with.

There's many options and while Beretta makes, IMO, the sweetest, sexiest guns on the market you should get a feel for what you like. Much like guitars, it has to feel right in your hands.

The PX4 comes with 3 different grip sizes too, so it can fit large hands or small female hands too. Also, they just announced the PX4 compact, which is of course smaller than the PX4.

If you can, give on a try and I bet you'll love it.

Also, there's not a thing wrong with AR-15's. I have one myself and almost came home with 9mm AR Pistol today.
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Glock! Only a few moving parts to it, easy to clean, and worry free! I've shot over 1800 rounds through my 30 and never had a malfunction, or even cleaned for that matter! Their logic is the less moving parts the less likely to malfunction! If your looking for a smaller/lightweight pistol for her, go for the subcompact series like a 27 in 40. cal. My cousin has one and she loves it!
          I love admins!

Comment

92FS owner here I love it. It was the only gun I could find that would fit my hand comfortably, although the S&W SW99 (? It's been so long that I was looking, I think this was the one I liked) felt pretty good too. In the end, the Beretta grabbed me.

+1 on the Winchester Defender

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
              I have a safe full of Beretta handguns and just now got home with a brand new M9.

Most of the guys I shoot with carries a Glock, but I've also seen a lot of articles about the dangers of Glocks and have personally seen a Glock explode in a guys hands.

I was considering a Glock until I actually saw one blow up. I shot one in one of the classes I took, a Glock 17, and it was pretty nice, BUT, Know all that I have read and seen I wouldn't buy one.

Berettas are very nice guns. I have 2 PX4's, a 96 Brigadier INOX, A 96FS, 92FS compact type M INOX, 90TWO and the new M9 I just bought today.

The M9 is the same Beretta used by the military. Same as the 92FS in most respects. Nice gun!

If you are wanting a gun for around the house I would suggest the Beretta PX4. Very nice accurate gun. I carry the PX4 in .40cal and use a 9mm to shoot IDPA with.

There's many options and while Beretta makes, IMO, the sweetest, sexiest guns on the market you should get a feel for what you like. Much like guitars, it has to feel right in your hands.

The PX4 comes with 3 different grip sizes too, so it can fit large hands or small female hands too. Also, they just announced the PX4 compact, which is of course smaller than the PX4.

If you can, give on a try and I bet you'll love it.

Also, there's not a thing wrong with AR-15's. I have one myself and almost came home with 9mm AR Pistol today.
              AR-15, must get in my list.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Desert Eagle...preferably the .50AE variety.

Comment

Glock or Beretta...?

> I've shot the Berettas,and although nice,I choose to own the Glock,a pre-ban 19 9mm and a more recent 23 .40 cal. I just get better results (fast,accurate double-taps) with the small,light frame. The reason I don't have one in .45 is I can't control the recoil as well. Maybe for me a heavier frame .45 is the answer,I'm a firm believer in the stopping power of the .45,but I'm also impressed by the things I've read and heard about the .357 SIG round. Whatever you choose,practice enough with it that using it for it's intended purpose becomes a natural thing. Tommy D.
                  "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGrasshopper View Post

Everytime I hear that sonnabitch go off on the range I expect AC/DC to break "To Those About To Rock". Talk about scaring a robber....
                    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I know a few women who like the Glock 23 for its smaller size (compared to the 22) and light frame.

Comment

There is no such thing as a warning shot if I fire a gun in my house. <I hear you all acknowledging>

All the guns mentioned are worthy. AR15's are absolutely bad ass. No Ruger mention? I defend with the Ruger P90. http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/l/aastruger45p90a.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                          Everytime I hear that sonnabitch go off on the range I expect AC/DC to break "To Those About To Rock". Talk about scaring a robber....
                          Same with 357's for me. I hate being in the stall next to those things! Scares the shit out of me every time!
                          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGrasshopper View Post
                              thats my baby,,,the wife says its to heavy for her though.

MOSH ON
                              DAVE
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Glock 26. Always goes bang.

Last edited by Shawn; 01-16-2007, 11:11 PM.
                                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X