Ugh....I'm back and all is not well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh....I'm back and all is not well

Unfortunately during the time I was up in NH and I wasn't able to get on a computer, someone who bought something from me last week openned a dispute with paypal. Needless to say, before I found that out, I shipped it out today on my own coin. Now they took $900 out of my bank account, AND will be getting the item!!!!! I'm never selling anything again. Anyone have any expierience with Paypal disputes????
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Well, if the guy you sold the item to is any kind of gentleman, you'll get your money back.

You should kick yourself for not communicating with the buyer though. You can't blame the guy. Right ?

Comment

No I don't blame him, but he's got the tracking number today and the dispute was openned today......the dispute should be on hold shouldn't it? Plus he was suppossed to pay half the shipping insurance and I just sent it anyways. (even with extra stuff)
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

How long were you in NH? Paypal disputes normally would have to wait 30 days after the transaction?

Comment

That's the problem with Paypal. I think if you use a credit card it takes 30 days or so, but direct transfers they can do instantly. *I think*
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
            Unfortunately during the time I was up in NH and I wasn't able to get on a computer, someone who bought something from me last week openned a dispute with paypal. Needless to say, before I found that out, I shipped it out today on my own coin. Now they took $900 out of my bank account, AND will be getting the item!!!!! I'm never selling anything again. Anyone have any expierience with Paypal disputes????

Um ..Where the hell in NH were ya????????? I live in NH!!
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
              That's the problem with Paypal. I think if you use a credit card it takes 30 days or so, but direct transfers they can do instantly. *I think*

I meant to dispute the transaction. I believe in order to avoid a buyer paying for something and then three days later complaining he has not received it....they have a rule that states you can not dispute a transaction until 30 days has passed after the transaction was made....or is that what you meant?

PS I think you should have a chance to reply to the dispute before they pull your funds

Comment

Did he open the dispute because you hadn't shipped prior to today? If so you should be able to give Paypal the tracking # and that will end the dispute and you'll get the money back.

Paypal rules are that if you don't ship within 7 days of receiving payment, the buyer can file the dispute.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
                  How long were you in NH? Paypal disputes normally would have to wait 30 days after the transaction?
                  No, you have to file the dispute WITHIN 30 days (actually I think they extended it to 45) days of the transaction.

As I said in my other post, if you haven't shipped (proven by tracking #) within 7 days of getting paid, your buyer can open a dispute and then they can hold your funds.

VoiceX3, you said they took the m oney out of your bank account? Or your Paypal account?

I ask because I've read of others saying their bank accounts were put on hold, then others came on saying Paypal can't do that. I've never had a dispute against me, so I'm curious.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had a problem with a VERY late shipper...no communication, nothing. Opened a dispute..got the tracking # same day..went in and closed the dispute (same day). It's simple really. If they haven't closed the dispute ASAP contact them and PayPal with the info.

Comment

Well, it wasn't on a credit card and the money came right out of the bank. It's ok, it's been 7 days and I understand his concern, I just left town as soon as I got the news last week and wasn't really thinking about this.....so it was unintentionally my fault. However I really didn't know that a dispute would take the money out of the account immediately as a dispute was filed. I'm tracking the package myself as well and it is to be deliverred tomorrow. Hopefully the money will be back then too.

Comment

I actually have one going right now and for the fist time ever I screwed up and didn't put a signature required for something over $250. The guy opened a dispute after talking with me and getting a tracking number. HA, not on my watch fucker, package is in route back to me. He will get his $$ back but he won't get his money back and my package. I may have been born on a weekend but it sure as hell wasn't last wekend.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                          Well, it wasn't on a credit card and the money came right out of the bank. It's ok, it's been 7 days and I understand his concern, I just left town as soon as I got the news last week and wasn't really thinking about this.....so it was unintentionally my fault. However I really didn't know that a dispute would take the money out of the account immediately as a dispute was filed. I'm tracking the package myself as well and it is to be deliverred tomorrow. Hopefully the money will be back then too.
                          So have YOU logged in to your Paypal and addressed the dispute? My understanding is that at the point you give Paypal a tracking # you should be in the clear. But if you aren't communicating with Paypal yourself and are just expecting things to clear up by themselves, I don't know if that will happen.

I had a dispute once because the guy took my payment and didn't ship, not answer emails, for a week. I filed a dispute after one week. The dispute status showed his account on hold. The next day he sent me a tracking # showing shipping. After I got that, I went to look at my Paypal account and the hold was gone. That's why I think YOU need to give Paypal the tracking # yourself if you haven't already done so. Make sense?
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                            So have YOU logged in to your Paypal and addressed the dispute? My understanding is that at the point you give Paypal a tracking # you should be in the clear. But if you aren't communicating with Paypal yourself and are just expecting things to clear up by themselves, I don't know if that will happen.

I had a dispute once because the guy took my payment and didn't ship, not answer emails, for a week. I filed a dispute after one week. The dispute status showed his account on hold. The next day he sent me a tracking # showing shipping. After I got that, I went to look at my Paypal account and the hold was gone. That's why I think YOU need to give Paypal the tracking # yourself if you haven't already done so. Make sense?
                            Putting in the tracking number did nothing. He did get the guitar the next day and closed the dispute. So all is well.

Comment

Initially, did Paypal pull the money from your Paypal acct, or your bank account? I didn't know they could pull it directly from your bank acct.
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X