OSX86 have you gotten it working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSX86 have you gotten it working?

More hair pulling adventures. (Hmm bald and fat, seeeeeexyy! At least I've been shedding some tonnage. BTW Ron how is your diet going?)

OSX86
    Have you tried it?
    Have you gotten it to work? Which build and patches did you use?
    What kind of system, just basic info.
    I've been hitting up the insanely mac forums but have not found any useful clues.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Apple "fixed" it, so it will not run on anything but Apple hardware.
    The last build I got working was 10.4.1
    Woked pretty good until I tried to update any Apple software.
    It would trash the bootloader everytime. I got tired of repairing after each update.
    -Rick

Comment

I was aware of Apple "fixing" it There are new builds out there up to 10.4.8 but I have had no good results. Every attempt seems to have a different problem. I'm stating to think this isn't worth it. 10.4.1 was good? Did you try any of the patches which supposedly bring you current? I imagine that will be a huge hassle as well.

Comment

I tried a few and they were either too much of a hassle to go through or they just didn't work.
        10.4.1 was pretty good though. I ran it for almost 6 months before I got tired of fixing it.
        -Rick

Comment

Ok I will look around for that build. If I understand correctly I cannot use retail OSX because the kernel and some other processes have been modified for use on non apple systems?

Comment

Correct, you cannot use a non-patched version of OS X.
            The problem is OS X uses an EFI bios and boot process.
            Most Intel based system do not support EFI boot, so you have to have a patched build to even get it to install.
            I just checked my files... the last working build I had was 10.4.3
            -Rick

Comment

I had it running on my Asus S96J laptop (escentially a MacBook Pro hardware wise.) Was a awesome experience, made me want a Mac >< . That was about 6 months ago though. You can't run apple updates, you have to manually update them yourself. I could not get the video card to install unless I wanted to run a external monitor though

Comment

well I'm glad you posted this, I checked out their forum and they have x1600 Mobile support! Gonna give it another try haha.

Comment

you're welcome

Originally posted by ApeDosMil View Post
                  well I'm glad you posted this, I checked out their forum and they have x1600 Mobile support! Gonna give it another try haha.

Comment

If Macs weren't so goddamn expensive I'd already own one. OSX is awesome. I've considered the idea of trying out OSX on my PC, but it was just too much hassle so I didnt bother.
                    Guitars:
                    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

The last build I ran was 10.4.6, it ran fine using an Intel 945gnt board (even the ahci worked). The only thing that bugged me was sound only worked out of line in, so I had to keep switching it to go back and forth between OSX and WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                      X