Slayer on Kimmel tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayer View Post
    Well, I found it and watched it, and I have to say I have been a huge Slayer fan since the mid 80`s and
    Oh no! As soon as I read the first line, Jack, I knew what was to follow!

I'll watch the trainwreck in 90 minutes I guess.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
      Well, I found it and watched it, and I have to say I have been a huge Slayer fan since the mid 80`s and they have officially jumped the shark. Wow, what can I say, they, along with Metallica should just buy some golf clubs and retire. That was a horrid performance and an equally horid song.
      Why do you say they jumped the shark? They've been around for about 25 years and never played on network TV. They're from LA, so playing on the Jimmy Kimmel show makes perfect sense to me.They're still playing the same style without compromise. I like the song and the new album.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well Joe, it just didn`t seem right man. The sound, the tone and fire didn`t seem there, well except for Dave and Jeff. Maybe it was just an off night for them and the sound man sucked, but something just didn`t seem right to me. Don`t worry, I am far from giving up on them, hopefully it was just the night I have seen them live at least 20 times and that was the worst tone ever since about 1985, so I am kinda picky Jack.

Comment

K, just watched it. The mix sounded OK to me, maybe my TV is better than all y'alls

I saw Kerry, Jeff and even Tom do some vigorous headbanging, so I don't get the lack of energy comments.

BUT that song sounds like every Slayer song from the last 6 years, especially the solos: Kerry still starts off & sucks, Jeff still takes over with his descending run, back to Kerry, still sucking..aaaaaaand finish with the crusty old harmonic dive bomb
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Kerry is too busy bashing other bands to come up with new shit.
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Goddamnit, I fell asleep after the monologue. I'll have to wait until monday to watch it now.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                K, just watched it. The mix sounded OK to me, maybe my TV is better than all y'alls

I saw Kerry, Jeff and even Tom do some vigorous headbanging, so I don't get the lack of energy comments.

BUT that song sounds like every Slayer song from the last 6 years, especially the solos: Kerry still starts off & sucks, Jeff still takes over with his descending run, back to Kerry, still sucking..aaaaaaand finish with the crusty old harmonic dive bomb
                You know Ron, myabe it was just my sucky ass TV or just that song or maybe I had a Acid flashback and thought I was still seeing them live in the 80`s with 200 of the craziest mother fuckers on earth in a tiny skating rink Oh well, if they come to Pittsburgh, I will still be there Jack.

Comment

I still cannot get through all of Slayer's first album. Unless they've seriously changed (i.e. learned to play/sing instead of bash/screech/grunt) I just don't get what anyone sees in them.
                  Have you ever listened to Seasons in The Abyss? If not, then you definitely need too.

Comment

I see nothing old or shitty about this.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

If you're getting old and still want to look mean and kinda hide your age.......grow a viking beard. The formula for success.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisb View Post
                        Have you ever listened to Seasons in The Abyss? If not, then you definitely need too.
                        I Agree. For me everything up through Seasons in the Abyss is good stuff and the sweet spot is Reign in Blood.

Comment

I don't understand how Newc can't sit through Show No Mercy. It's a great album, tuned to E standard, and probably the cleanest vocal style of Tom Araya, and their most "commercial" album. I don't get where the "bash/screech/grunt" thing comes from.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X