My thoughts about the new Mustaine Signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts about the new Mustaine Signature

I'm one of those guys who think he's the ultimate Megadeth fan (Mega-fan, Mega-sheep, fanboy you can call it what you like np with me) and I felt like starting a thread about Dave's new guitar. Didn't want to do it on the Megadeth board since I think people here will react much better

First of all today was really an exciting day for me. I liked how much people were interested in Dave's new guitar, everybody was speaking about it! Just hours after it was announced all of my friends were asking me what I think about it, I remember people found about Dave going to Esp months later!... Today made me feel that Megadeth & Dave Mustaine are really "huge" and important. The RR24 we were waiting for years is released but check the namm section, although %99 of the people here didn't like (even hated) Dave's new guitar it was spoken a lot more than the RR24...

With all these hassle going on I think people are overreacting a bit about the guitar and let me tell you why I think they are;

1-) Suppose Dave was back to Jackson; Look at the body and think about it as a new version of Kv-1. Not with kahler but string-thru. I don't think anybody would complain about it! (maybe some would think it would be better with a kahler) Furthermore I think people would think Dave did a great job revising it, so the body isn't the problem...
    2-) Suppose the dots weren't there, don't think people would hate this new version of the sharkfins. The Dv-8 also had a "goofball" on the fretboard. So the new fretboard can't be that bad.. (I know the dots suck anyway )
    3-) I honestly don't know of any other brand which has a headstock that I think would go really well with a KV. Most of the people didn't like the Dv-8 headstock either. So that can't be such a big deal either. Moreover, imo it's the best Dean headstock except the headstock of that chick's Dean

So overall I think the Vmnt isn't that bad, but people just need to get used to it

Did I like it?

Yes, because I like seeing Dave putting something new. %99.99 of the people wouldn't even have the balls to put those dots along with the sharks there and that's what I like about Dave I wouldn't give a shit if it was a new ordinary Dean model But like I said above I felt that this is something good for Dave and Megadeth and that made me happy

These are just my humble opinions though. Maybe they don't make any sense for you at all, I can understand that

Now I just want to see Dave playing the f.cker!! Live in Turkey if possible
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

I like Dave...and Megadeth...and the new guitar. But he is a little whining pussy who keeps jumping ship from every company because he is a little whining pussy who goes home with his ball (axion) when he does not get his way....he is running outta companies to endorse him and this Dean move just goes to show you but again...I like Dave...and Megadeth...and the new guitar
    just wish he would grow up. I too would like to see him live again playing whatever guitar he got for free this year

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
      whining pussy
      Coincidentally this is the name of Dave's new Dimarzio Signature pick-up that is going in the Dean V.

Comment

I'm a big 'old-school' Megadeth fan and I can see what you're getting at there, but I dunno - OK, the KV design is taken, but the 'enforced changes' (i.e. inlays / headstock) look like crap. OK, they've been forced into making changes, but that's life. Either of the inlay styles seperately would be OK, but not both together.

Isn't the headstock just from an old line of Dean Imports? I don't like the design, but the 'cheap' association just makes that worse!

For what it's worth, I think the bevels look OK
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

How many threads do we need about this?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ho Hum
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Can we please discuss Jackson players and leave the whiney sissies like Muswang to rot?

It doesn't take "balls" to put dots with fins, it just looks retarded. There is no other way to put it. It's not cool, it's not great, it's retarded. Mudstain did not design the King V, despite his version of history. He altered the Double Rhoads design to fit on his scrawny crackwhore frame. It's a Jackson design, not a Dave Mustaine design.

Yes, more people were actively participating in the Muwang thread than the RR24 thread. You know why? Because the RR24 is a one-trick wonder that's playing catchup to the ESPee Laiho model. Jackson was told years ago to do a 24 fret RR to keep up with the times, but ignorantly clung to some "tradition", which is the complete opposite of the foundation Jackson was founded on!

And not all the comments in the Dean Mudstain thread were praise for the guitar - 5 "I like it/it's ok" in the one 4-page thread, and absolutely NONE in the 3 page "sneak peek" thread. The rest of the comments were bashing the guitar and the idiot they made it for.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Can we please discuss Jackson player
                Ok. So what does everyone think the next Def Leppard album will be like?

Comment

Let's assume that Dave raised the cash to buy out Jackson back before the Fender takeover. Would we still be playing "Jacksons"? Would they be "Mustaines" or "Deths" or even "Whining Pussies"? Maybe everyone would be stoked about the new Custom Shop Axxion model....

Comment

Btw,anyone has any idea why did he force ESP to make the axxion model?He NEVER played that guitar live.Glen Drover played a white axxion at a concert.It was Dave's guitar but Glen played it

I think he just wanted a guitar to play at home while sitting down.The idea's retarded.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      It doesn't take "balls" to put dots with fins, it just looks retarded. There is no other way to put it. It's not cool, it's not great, it's retarded.
                      Wow, I couldn't have said it better. But besides the ugliness of the guitar, folks need to understand that for Dave, it's all about the money. If it wasn't, he'd more than likely play one of his older guitars (if he hasn't sold them all). I don't fault him for that. We all have bills and responsibilities.
                      "POOP"

Comment

Well,let's pretend he gets %20 off a guitar.He will have the 150 pieces limited run.List price is 5800.Let's pretend that the strret price is 4000.

800 dollars per guitar.So he's gonna earn 120 grand at least
                        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Street price is 4k....3999.00 to be excact

Comment

First Zak and now Dave and Eddie. Guitar legends on the barbie.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              How many threads do we need about this?
                              One more
                              Check my bands!
                              www.myspace.com/magicktr
                              www.myspace.com/sinif64
                              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                              X