FedEx question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx question

I was suppose to receive two packages today. Actually one of those packages I was suppose to receive yesterday but FedEx fucked up and delivered it to the wrong address. I called them and they fixed it. So I've been tracking both packages since this morning and their tracking system stated that at 7:45am and 8:00am both packages were on the truck for delivery. Well. it's now 9:45pm CST and still no packages. Checked FedEx's tracking system and BOOM! it shows "not tracked". Called Customer Service and was told that tracking system is down(how convenient!). Then was told that I have to wait till Tuesday to get my stuff since FedEx doesn't deliver on Sunday or Monday.
    Anybody had the same issue like this in the past? Besides sticking my thumb up my ass and waiting, I guess I don't have any other recourse since I'm at the mercy of FedEx, right?
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

In a way man, I'm stuck myself. I wasn't aware how bad customs can be when importing guitars into the USA.

People have waited far longer than me, so I can't complain in that regard as it would be blowing things out of proportion.

But I am pissed that it's been 8 days in US-Canada customs after Christmas is past. I was ignorant that US-Canada border customs were as slow and lazy as they are man.

Anyone ever get a disaster upon receipt from a lengthy customs stay? Been curious about that, heard some horror stories with them at times.

Comment

I just received an Ibanez RG550 from Ontario, Canada to Richmond, Texas after waiting 3 1/2 weeks for it. To top it all off, Canada Post's tracking system is a complete fucking joke. Not once was it updated and after they FINALLY delivered the guitar it took them another day or so to finally update it that the guitar had been delivered. What's the use in having a tracking system if you're not gonna update it? Hell, if I knew that it would've taken that long I would've just started walking to Ontario and I'm sure I could've made it back to TexASS in less than 3 1/2 weeks!:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
        I just received an Ibanez RG550 from Ontario, Canada to Richmond, Texas after waiting 3 1/2 weeks for it. To top it all off, Canada Post's tracking system is a complete fucking joke. Not once was it updated and after they FINALLY delivered the guitar it took them another day or so to finally update it that the guitar had been delivered. What's the use in having a tracking system if you're not gonna update it? Hell, if I knew that it would've taken that long I would've just started walking to Ontario and I'm sure I could've made it back to TexASS in less than 3 1/2 weeks!:ROTF:
        :ROTF:

Comment

This has happened to me before as well. I ended up going to the fed ex office and picking up my package around 5pm.

Comment

crap mike - mine got rescheduled to tuesday as well. i just checked on yours and it says it's out for delivering as of the 20th - i suppose some fedex driver has been out for a joy ride for a few days
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

You can ask for them to pick up the tab or part of it if it was not delivered oon the day it was supposed to be . Call them and kindly argue the point and you can at least get them to eat the charges. I always say that it was a total emergency , but then again i always did my deals with overnight, which i don't know if you guys did that.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Thanks for the tip Tommy. Much appreciated. Both Tim and I got received our "loot" this past Tuesday and all is well! Definitely well worth the wait although it was killing me.

Comment

Working...
                X